PDA

View Full Version : [ViX_Misc] Latest image issue - VU Zero

Willmoore
27-08-15, 10:01
I downloaded the latest image via the blue button and used restore and got the following message. Error remounting root ! Abort flashing. Try to restat E2 in 30 seconds tried a couple of times, same message.
I then deleted the zip file from box and downloaded from zip file from site and FTP'd it to media/hdd/imagebackups and restored from there. This worked and now up and running with new image.
Not done my Solo yet so don't know if the same will happen.

Willmoore
28-08-15, 15:23
Encountered the same problem when updating my Solo2 only this time deleting the file and FTPing it to imagebackups and restoring that way has not worked - same error message. Anyone know why ?

abu baniaz
28-08-15, 15:39
Workaround is: Download and then flash by USB.

Willmoore
28-08-15, 15:47
Yes, that's what I'm going to do next - don't like doing it this way as it is awkward (pita) getting to the rear of the box to remove/replace the usb that contains the picons.

Willmoore
29-08-15, 10:36
In conclusion;
VU Zero would not flash image via the blue button/vix/image manager/downloads but would flash when I FTP'd image to imagebackups and restored from there.
VU Solo2 would not flash using either of the above methods and had to be done via usb.

judge
29-08-15, 11:40
In conclusion;
VU Zero would not flash image via the blue button/vix/image manager/downloads but would flash when I FTP'd image to imagebackups and restored from there.
VU Solo2 would not flash using either of the above methods and had to be done via usb.
Something corrupt with your downloads so.

ronand
29-08-15, 11:48
I had no issue flashing my solo2 from the image manager so the download must be getting corrupted

Willmoore
29-08-15, 12:38
If it's happening at my end (and it may well be) it's happening from two different methods on two different boxes - is that likely ? and if so why is it when i transfer the same file that failed via FTP it works via usb ? bear in mind this is all black magic to me :confused:

judge
29-08-15, 12:55
If it's happening at my end (and it may well be) it's happening from two different methods on two different boxes - is that likely ? and if so why is it when i transfer the same file that failed via FTP it works via usb ? bear in mind this is all black magic to me :confused:
No idea what's going wrong at your end.
If the image downloaded by image manager didn't work while restoring in image manager, but an image you ftp'd to the same location did work while restoring in image manager it shows that image manager is working as epected when it has a correct file to restore.
Are you using homeplugs? lots of downloads on your network? anything else that could be interfering with your downloads?
Maybe worth doing a checksum on them.

Willmoore
29-08-15, 13:17
No idea what's going wrong at your end.
If the image downloaded by image manager didn't work while restoring in image manager, but an image you ftp'd to the same location did work while restoring in image manager it shows that image manager is working as epected when it has a correct file to restore.
Are you using homeplugs? lots of downloads on your network? anything else that could be interfering with your downloads?
Maybe worth doing a checksum on them.

Solo is connected straight to hub - Zero is connected via a Homeplug. No other downloads on system. I do not know what a checksum is or how to perform it :o

john doe
29-08-15, 13:32
i flashed my zero yesterday and works spot on. if you downloading through blue button and then download, it seems like it does nothing, however, wait till it done and then go back to your images and you will see the files, just click that and it will work. my solo2 worked from USB just fine

chaser
29-08-15, 20:41
I've also just couch flashed (download via Image Manager / Yellow button then restore via Blue button) my zero to v3.2 build 003 without any problem.