PDA

View Full Version : Menus/channel lists - black screen after switching tv off/on

ez5
27-08-15, 01:10
I've just got myself a tm-nano se and noticed that every time I turn my tv off, when I switch it back on all menus and channel lists are blacked out. When I bring the channel list up, the picture minimises into the top left hand corner as normal but where the channel list should be is just black. The list is there in the background - I can still switch through the channels but i'm doing it blind through guess work. The only way I've found to get the picture back is to totally restart the box but as soon as I switch the tv on to standby the menus/channel lists will be gone again when I switch the tv back on.

I've tried searching around to see if anybody has had similar problems and the only thing I've found is people complaining of getting a black screen and it being solved by switching hdmi cec off - the problem is I have no idea how to switch this off on the box, it's off on the tv though.

Any suggestions would be appreciated guys.

edit

I've found where to change HDMI cec on the box and made sure that was disabled but still the same. All menus, channel lists etc are blacked out after I turn my tv back on and I can only get them back by restarting the box. I'm still receiving picture for the channels as normal though :S

ez5
27-08-15, 02:13
Doing some more searching and found a youtube video of somebody with a near identical problem:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qs15pg0ScoU

1 minute 20 on is what I'm being presented with although I'm using a different skin. I believe I'm using Open PLi rather than vix too.

twol
27-08-15, 07:23
Then take an image backup, flash Vix and see if you have the issue.... At some point you have to educate yourself to take backups of settings, images and be able to flash a new image.

ez5
27-08-15, 09:22
Thanks for the reply. You're right I do have to educate myself which is why I'm here asking questions. My issue is I'm starting from scratch, the guy that set my dish up also set up the box. If possible could you give me a brief step by step guide how to do what you've suggested? I've done a bit of searching and seen some people say you need to remove any lines added to openpli before removing it and adding vix.

twol
27-08-15, 09:56
You have to be careful that you don't break the rules on this forum, which you are close to doing with your last sentence.
I haven't looked at OpenPli for a long while, there should be a way of backing up your settings and updating the OpenPli image, which from your comments you haven't done - they do a daily OpenPli new image build - so you should try the latest OpenPli stable image - ask on their forum.

ez5
27-08-15, 09:58
Ok, I'll take a look.

And I was aware of the rules hence why I chose my words carefully.

ez5
27-08-15, 11:13
Update

I've got a blade box connected in another room and thought I'd quickly switch them over to see if there's any problems with the box connected to the other tv and the blade with the initial tv. Both worked fine. There seems to be some sort of issue between the tv and the technomate. I've also noticed that I get this problem when I switch the box on standby as well as when I switch the tv on standby - again can only be fixed by restarting the box.