PDA

View Full Version : Using Telnet

Willmoore
26-08-15, 22:59
I'm never sure when I should use Telnet to put the box to sleep - so I don't. :confused:
I'm about to upgrade to the latest image and will be doing it by FTPing the zip file to media/hdd/imagebackup and then restore. Should I be putting the box to sleep prior to this ? If so, I have read init4 puts it to sleep but what wakes it up ?

ronand
26-08-15, 23:11
init 3 will wake it up. The image manager saves the backup automatically to the hdd if there is one so there should be no need to be copying the file manually. In the image manager hit Menu and make sure the backup location is set to /media/hdd

Also in this case there is no need to put enigma2 to sleep - generally required for deleting epg data only

judge
26-08-15, 23:20
No, once you have the image in /media/hdd/imagebackups/ you just use the remote to restore it.
Blue button -> ViX -> Image Manager, highlight the image & press blue button or OK to flash it.
Also, you don't need to use FTP. You can use Blue button -> ViX -> Image Manager -> yellow button to download the image directly to /media/hdd/imagebackups/