PDA

View Full Version : Box Not Detecting a Signal

Clareman
25-08-15, 20:49
Hi all,

I've a box that's 3 years and 3 months old, unfortunately the on-board tuner decided to stop detecting any channels, I tried bouquets from other (working) boxes as well as reflashing the box with different images, no joy. I figured I'd just buy a new tuner for it, so I got this (http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/Plug-and-Play-Digital-Tuners/GiGaBlue-Tuners/GiGaBlue-DVB-S-S2-Plug-and-Play-Satellite-tuner-for-HD-Quad-Quad-plus-hd800se-plus-hd800ue-plus) the box detects it fine but when I try to scan any channels, or do an automatic detection on the tuners it doesn't detect anything. I've tried flashing the box and just downloading a channel list directly to it, no joy. Any advice/things to try would be great appreciated

cactikid
25-08-15, 21:40
have you tried scanning at a different location that has a working 28.2 feed,so one can say if faulty cable or lnb or sat dish has moved?

Clareman
25-08-15, 21:55
have you tried scanning at a different location that has a working 28.2 feed,so one can say if faulty cable or lnb or sat dish has moved?

Yup, I've tried it in a place with another working GigaBlue box, I've tried in another house with a working VU+. I've also tried other boxes in the same place and they work perfectly. The 1 thing I can't try is another satellite as I don't have the means of moving the dish

cactikid
25-08-15, 22:13
ahh 1 better other boxes work in same spot thats good.

do you have to setup your new tuner to scan on 28.2,does sat finder give you a signal reading?

Clareman
26-08-15, 07:28
ahh 1 better other boxes work in same spot thats good.

do you have to setup your new tuner to scan on 28.2,does sat finder give you a signal reading?
Nope, it has 26.0 in the box below but it doesn't detect anything, if I set the tuners to automatically detect a signal it fails and then says nothing connected, if I set the tuner manually (in simple or advanced mode, with disque or not) it doesn't find any channels in a scan