PDA

View Full Version : Sharing duo2 tuner with zero possible?

darrenduds20
24-08-15, 00:11
My main box a vu duo 2 has 4 tuners but the bedroom zero only has one so would love to be able to share one of the tuners from the duo 2

abu baniaz
24-08-15, 00:18
Yes.
Use remote channel stream converter plugin. Pretty sure there was a similar thread recently where usage etc was discussed.

darrenduds20
24-08-15, 00:22
Thanks buddy, downloaded that but can't find it in the plug ins menu.

abu baniaz
24-08-15, 00:37
Menu -> Setup -> Service searching -> Remote channel stream converter.

Shoulkd have said, you install the plugn on the "client" receiver. i.e Zero

darrenduds20
24-08-15, 00:42
Thanks mate that's all sorted now, can't believe what these boxes can do it brilliant.

If I now go to record a channel on the zero and try to watch another will its automatically use the tuner from the main box?

abu baniaz
24-08-15, 00:47
You now have differnt set of bouquets. You have to slect the channel from those bouquets.

judge
24-08-15, 00:59
If I now go to record a channel on the zero and try to watch another will its automatically use the tuner from the main box?
Have a look at the remotetimer plugin to add this functionality.

DaMacFunkin
24-08-15, 06:49
I am currently running a similar setup to this for a particular reason, can anybody tell me why i couldn't get the fallback receiver option to work between my duo2 and solo2? They talk to each other by NFS for sharing recordings, i can access the duo2 via solo2 with remote stream converter but they just tuner time out if i try the fallback option? Am i missing something?