PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Solo2] Audio really low on downloaded videos when playing them through my box

Montay
23-08-15, 18:42
Whenever I watch a film or video through my OpenVix box I have to put the TV and the box audio to full in order to hear what's being said. Even then the sound volume is really low.

When I go back to a TV channel the audio is very loud (obviously) and I have to turn it down quickly before the neighbours call the police. Can anyone help me fix this issue.

I'm using a vu+ Solo2 running OpenVix Hades 018

Bazzer
23-08-15, 18:53
I have the same problem when I listen through my sound bar so when I watch a downloaded tv series I switch my sound bar off and just use the tv volume. Not the answer you are most likely looking for but it gets me around it.

Montay
23-08-15, 19:59
I have the same problem when I listen through my sound bar so when I watch a downloaded tv series I switch my sound bar off and just use the tv volume. Not the answer you are most likely looking for but it gets me around it.

I dont use a sound bar

Willmoore
23-08-15, 20:14
What's the volume set at in OpenWebif ?

Montay
23-08-15, 20:56
What's the volume set at in OpenWebif ?

It's on full too

maxben
23-08-15, 21:25
Here's my guess as to what your problem is

I suspect that the audio on your movies etc are encoded using the AAC audio format (as with most downloaded files it seems to be the common codec used), you should be able to check using by pressing the audio button on your remote while the video is playing.

If that is the case then just like the terrestrial HD channels that also use AAC audio and is also very very low then I'm afraid not alot can be done as it's the poor implementation of AAC audio on any E2 box that uses oe-alliance E2.

As I said just my guess :)

Fuzzy
23-08-15, 22:05
You could always demux the file, convert the aac to ac3 and then remux it. I used to have to do this with my old Foxsat hdr because it wouldn't play aac audio. A good audio converter will allow you to adjust the volume when you convert it.

adm
23-08-15, 23:58
I'm afraid not alot can be done as it's the poor implementation of AAC audio on any E2 box that uses oe-alliance E2.

As I said just my guess :)

I suspect that the AAC decoding and down mixing on these boxes is actually incorrect. The down-mix from a AAC5.1 source lacks clarity and sounds muffled. Despite what the sponsor claims in some of the advertising these boxes are unsuitable for UK HD terrestrial broadcasts.

I have two boxes, a Miraclebox twin and a Extrend 1000. Both suffer from extremely low volume and poor quality audio on UK HD terrestrial (Freeview) broadcasts, especially when ACC5.1 is being used and down-mixed to stereo. On the Xtrend there is no option to turn off AAC down-mix, albeit my AV amp cannot handle raw AAC5.1. I converted my Miraclebox to satellite which doesn't suffer from this problem and on the Xtrend I only use it for terrestrial SD broadcasts (2 tuners for satellite and 2 tuners for C/T/T2).

2stein
30-12-15, 14:49
as the default on vix images is downmixing on, I wondered as well on my duo2 about bad audio clarity for certain movies.
i have now turned downmixing off and let my sony tv handle it. much better...
so, audio seems to be a weak spot on e2 boxes.