PDA

View Full Version : Motorised dish setup worth it ?

darrenduds20
23-08-15, 01:47
Looking at a wall mount 80cm motorised dish package by technomate. Just not sure if im just wasting my money , at the minute i have a Vu+ Duo2 setup with octo lnb and 4 sat feeds and a zero in the bedroom with a single feed and using the Duo2 hdd .

I only speak and understand english so if its just a load of different language channels its probably not worth it .
How would i be able to record more than one program if they were on different sats ?
Would the bouquets and epg still work and be straightforward to setup ?
How difficult is it to setup a motorised dish with the duo2 ?

Thanks Darren

Huevos
23-08-15, 02:37
Pretty simple to set up.

Get a DiSEqC switch for tuner A. One port leads to your 28E dish, the other leads to your motorised LNB. That way zapping will still be instantaneous on 28E. Then you other feed goes to Tuner B.

Set tuner A as priority and tuner B as record priority.

What you can view in English is going to depend what channels you have entitlements for.

darrenduds20
23-08-15, 02:41
I will buy any subscription etc needed for the satellites I'm pointing to but don't want to be wasting my money if I can't understand any of what's being said :)

DaMacFunkin
23-08-15, 06:53
A lot of the major movie channels you can change the audio to english, not so the sports channels.
p.s. i presume you are in the UK? Most of the sats you will be able to get with a 80cm you will also be able to get with a motorised 60cm.
As for recording from one satellite whilst recording from another.. well that leaves you the option of 2 dish's or an 80cm with an offset arm, multiple lnb's and a switch system. :(

darrenduds20
23-08-15, 12:52
Tbh mate thinking about it i probable wont record on both, ill just have to stick to one at a time , will the dish turn by itself when a timer recording is going to start ? Any specific dish setup you would recommend mate ? its going to be wall mounted to a south facing wall . Thanks for your help .

darrenduds20
23-08-15, 12:59

Something like that any good ?