PDA

View Full Version : looking to buy a new box.

sut
21-08-15, 00:30
hi guys

i am looking to buy a new box and i am being told that the best 1s to buy a the vu boxes or maybe a xtrend boxes due to the price and performance,

my question is when looking at the boxes on the site i see things like. DVBC/T/T2 + 1x DVB-S2 or 2x Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 Tuner or even DVB-S2 + 1x DVB-C/T/T2 COMBO

now i know that the DVBC means its a cable tuner and that the DVB-S2 is a sat tuner, ( WELL i think it means that ) but what do the letter and numbers after that mean and should i take note of these at all.

thanks

Mr. Mister
21-08-15, 00:38
T = Terestrial..
C = Cable
S = Satellite

jasper1974
21-08-15, 00:50
hi guys

i am looking to buy a new box and i am being told that the best 1s to buy a the vu boxes or maybe a xtrend boxes due to the price and performance,

my question is when looking at the boxes on the site i see things like. DVBC/T/T2 + 1x DVB-S2 or 2x Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 Tuner or even DVB-S2 + 1x DVB-C/T/T2 COMBO

now i know that the DVBC means its a cable tuner and that the DVB-S2 is a sat tuner, ( WELL i think it means that ) but what do the letter and numbers after that mean and should i take note of these at all.

thanks

Your correct with your assumptions of

C = Cable
T= Terrestrial
S= Satellite

2 = 2nd generation of the Technology which is used for HD Channnels on terrestrial and higher bandwidth Satellite again HD/3D channles etc

sut
21-08-15, 02:52
thx for he info.

so if i am understand right DVBC/T/T2 that would then relate to DVBC and if the T mean terrestrial what does the T2 mean,

and i assume that Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 means the tuner is a hybrid and can be used for either cable or terrestrial? or am i way off.

sorry if i am asking stuffed stuff here,

jasper1974
21-08-15, 03:00
thx for he info.

so if i am understand right DVBC/T/T2 that would then relate to DVBC and if the T mean terrestrial what does the T2 mean,

and i assume that Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 means the tuner is a hybrid and can be used for either cable or terrestrial? or am i way off.

sorry if i am asking stuffed stuff here,

All tuners for the boxes are DVB-c/t/t2 this means they can be used to receive cable terrestrial or terrestrial HD

Hybrid just means its capable of doing cable or terrestrial

But they cant do both terrestrial and Cable at same time as when you set up your box you tell it if its a cable or terrestrial signal

sut
21-08-15, 14:42
once again thank you for the info, i was going to buy a vu box but my wife is complaining about the money as we are moving,
how easy are these boxes to setup and run and can you get a good programme guide on them,

Stanman
21-08-15, 16:00
Any suported by VIX are very easy to set up and come with 7 day EPG.

If you want cheap solution and a good box, go for the TM3T, LX3. Xtrend 8K. TM3T comes with tow sat and one cable /T2 tuner built in but the LX3 / Xtrend 8K you will have to buy a Cable / T2 tuner.

sut
21-08-15, 16:10
hi.

how much is an additional Cable / T2 tuner and how easy are they to fit.

abu baniaz
21-08-15, 16:16
hi.

how much is an additional Cable / T2 tuner and how easy are they to fit.
It depends on receiver. Not all can accomodate a pluggable tuner.

Fitting is pretty simple.

sut
21-08-15, 18:11
again thank you.

so from reading all above my best choice will be a Xtrend 8K or TM3T. with 2 sat turners and at least 1 cable turner.

now just need to find out how to setup the box and find the best image to run it on.

Huevos
21-08-15, 18:23
just need to find out how to setup the box and find the best image to run it on.OpenViX. Easy to set up and is the best image. :D

twol
21-08-15, 18:50
Xtrend Et8000 is a good very solid (and on this Website) good value receiver ...... I have also tried many of the images and have to agree with Huevos, ViX is like the Xtrend comes with most of what you need (already installed) and is very well supported :)

sut
21-08-15, 19:51
i am about to buy the box with 2 sat turners and 1 cable, i take it i can install the image and switch between turners. so i could watch 1 programme on sat and then later the same day watch football on the cable turner in HD.
or watch something on the sat turner while recording something on the cable turner.

Huevos
21-08-15, 20:20
i am about to buy the box with 2 sat turners and 1 cable, i take it i can install the image and switch between turners. so i could watch 1 programme on sat and then later the same day watch football on the cable turner in HD.
or watch something on the sat turner while recording something on the cable turner.Yep. In normal use the channels can all be mixed together and while you zap through them the box automatically select the correct tuner. Same for recordings.

sut
21-08-15, 20:37
great thx.

sut
23-08-15, 12:36
hi guys.

just a quick 1.

i am about to buy the Xtrend ET8000 2x DVB-S2 + 1x DVBC/T/T2 COMBO Linux Enigma 2 Linux HD Digital Receiver PVR Ready off your sponsors sites as recommended buy some users on here,

my question is they said to buy the Xtrend 8k, is this the same box i assume it is just not sure why they say 8k as i see no reference to k in the above description

abu baniaz
23-08-15, 12:42
Yes, same receiver.

k = kilo (1000)
8k = 8 x1000 = 8000

sut
23-08-15, 12:43
great thx

can you tell me how many hours approx of HD tv will a 250gig hard drive record. just want to check that size will be enough