PDA

View Full Version : weird crossepg issue

fintannl
19-08-15, 21:56
When I do a crossepg download on my vu duo it works 5 times out of 10. The other times it reads titles, parses titles and then when it reads summaries it fails after sometimes 6 megs, sometimes 8 megs, sometimes 10 megs, sometimes 12 megs of data. Then the VIX spinner appears and the TV starts to freeze. So to correct this I reboot then go to menu setup service searching and set tuner B to not configured. So this forces the download on tuner A and as such I lose TV until completed. In this case it is successful 8 times out of 10, the other times it bombs out at reading summaries again. So I'm downloading crossepg to /media/hdd. But I guess if i knew the ins and outs of the box it temporarily is stored stored in flash. So my available flash memory is 11.9megs. Is that the issue?

cactikid
19-08-15, 22:25
the old duo is getting slower,do you have an active swapfile setup and cacheflush plugin in use.
i setup my duo with epg going to my usb instead of internal hdd and have had no issues with epg and always loaded.swapfile and cacheflush setup also.

fintannl
19-08-15, 23:47
good point cactikid. didnt set up swapfile

fintannl
24-08-15, 23:08
setting up swapfile seems to have done the business. many thanks cactikid