PDA

View Full Version : Looking to upgrade to a Duo 2, how good are the cable tuners?

emporer
19-08-15, 11:55
Hi folks, currently I have a mediocre Zgemma H1 box and the cable tuner in it is a Samsung PS101A, some folks have no probs with it but myself and a few others I've read about have some issues. Generally it performs well but I find HD channels on higher frequencies are giving me pic break ups, not really bad but bad enough, generally its on HD channels around 800mhz upwards. My line is perfect with power levels 4-7db. So its pretty much down to the tuner not being great.

So, its upgrade time and i'm wanting to go with a Duo 2, previously had a Duo some years ago which was superb but only used that with sat tuners. How good are the cable tuners in the Duo 2? also do the twin hybrid cable tuners require any more power from my VM line?

TIA

jasper1974
19-08-15, 12:29
Well ive just ordered the dual cable tuner so not sure about that till it turns up tomorrow but the single Cable tuner i have got in there at the moment with my dual sat tuner is excellent

uscool
19-08-15, 12:43
Well ive just ordered the dual cable tuner so not sure about that till it turns up tomorrow but the single Cable tuner i have got in there at the moment with my dual sat tuner is excellent

didnt know vu did dual cable tuners, thought that was only sat, abit pricey though

jasper1974
19-08-15, 13:11
dont think £69 is pricey for a dual tuner especially when most the decent HD channels are on cable