PDA

View Full Version : BT sport hd

garyblas
18-08-15, 19:36
has bt sport hd freq changed today

Andy_Hazza
18-08-15, 19:37
Yeah. A rescan of ABM will pull them back in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

abu baniaz
18-08-15, 19:52
There have been other changes too (Star Plus being one of them).

The Auto Timer/Record icons will disappear from the EPG screen for any affected services. If you want to edit timers

Put Enigma to sleep with "init 4"
Delete "timers.xml" from /etc/enigma2/
Edit the service reference of affected channels in "autotimer.xml" also located in /etc/enigma2/
Transfer back to receiver.
Restart and timers will be created with new references. No need to setup again.

ronand
18-08-15, 20:06
For those that manually scan their channels the transponder details for BT Sport HD is as follows:

11973V Symbol rate 29500 DVB-S2 QPSK FEC 3/4

finbarr
18-08-15, 20:45
Would anyone know about the BT Extra channels. Is there a way to get them added to bouquets at present?

garyblas
18-08-15, 21:01
which extra channels?

finbarr
18-08-15, 21:01
All the BT Sport red button channels.

garyblas
18-08-15, 21:04
no idea did not know of them

abu baniaz
18-08-15, 21:07
Performa manual scan on

Horizontal
5/6

and also
Horizontal
2/3

garyblas
18-08-15, 21:14
Thanks ABU

will these be added to ABM at some time

Huevos
18-08-15, 21:17
They already have been, so will be in the next build.

garyblas
18-08-15, 21:19
OK thanks, idea when?
or another way of adding?

finbarr
18-08-15, 21:29
I did a manual scan and it is finding the channels. But how do I add them to my favourites bouquet? Menu or OK does nothing at this point. Thanks for the help!

garyblas
18-08-15, 21:32
to put in favourite

view channel then press your up or down button to show channels in bouquet
press menu
select add service to bouquet
select favourite

finbarr
18-08-15, 21:37
Step one is a problem though. When I press ok to select a channel it does nothing but exit from all the menus. Weird.

mr_foj
18-08-15, 22:36
will bt sport ultra hd
work on duo2

ronand
18-08-15, 23:40
Step one is a problem though. When I press ok to select a channel it does nothing but exit from all the menus. Weird.

You don't select the channel with the OK button - just highlight the desired channel with up/down buttons and press the MENU button - then you will see the editing options

Huevos
18-08-15, 23:40
will bt sport ultra hd
work on duo2If it is a 4K channel you would need a 4K capable set-top-box, not a Duo2.

ronand
18-08-15, 23:41
will bt sport ultra hd
work on duo2

Nope. You will need an Ultra HD receiver as well as the TV

mr_foj
18-08-15, 23:46
Nope. You will need an Ultra HD receiver as well as the TV

i have a 4k tv not the box

DaMacFunkin
19-08-15, 06:49
BT Sport Ultra HD doesn't broadcast by satellite so even having a 4k set top box and a 4k TV won't even get you near to receiving it. Until some clever bugger works out how to hack hdcp 2.2, capture it and re-stream it the only way to get that channel is with the official BT 4k box, BT fibre broadband and a 4k tv with HDCP 2.2... not all 4k TV's will work.

Ashley69
08-01-16, 20:16
So even if you have a HDCP2.2 Tv and a HDCP 2.2 box (VU+ solo 4k) you could not watch BT sports Ultra HD

gibbletts
08-01-16, 23:08
No only through bt tv on bt broadband

bouncy
02-06-16, 13:32
My BT Sport HD has been down for a few days now has it been removed like Sky Sports HD ?

abu baniaz
02-06-16, 13:44
My BT Sport HD has been down for a few days now has it been removed like Sky Sports HD ?
yes. no longer viewable on non-official receivers.

Willmoore
02-06-16, 14:13
Is there a .xml file anywhere to remove the HD channels ABM ?

abu baniaz
02-06-16, 14:20
Is there a .xml file anywhere to remove the HD channels ABM ?

I have asked for an image build to be run so the changes are picked up. Until then, here are two files.

EDIT:
The files are in 011. So I have removed them from this post. If you do not want to update image, you can add this to ABM. It will allow you to update the config files from GitHub.

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?51976-Providers-Download-Script

john doe
02-06-16, 16:15
I have asked for an image build to be run so the changes are picked up. Until then, here are two files.

Extract/unzip/unrar and transfer/ftp/send to the provider folder.

/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/AutoBouquetsMaker/providers

thank abu for this. does anyone know where BT sports 2 is? only BT1 showing.

found it in not indexed section and moved over to sports. lets hope it stays there.

Andy_Hazza
02-06-16, 17:18
BT Sports 2 defo showing. Rescan then press your tv button and will be listed.

^^COMPASS^^
02-06-16, 23:05

Extract/unzip/unrar and transfer/ftp/send to the provider folder.

/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/AutoBouquetsMaker/providers

Is it not possible for the providers files to be added to the plugin feeds & updatable from the plugin Browser as & when changes to EG: sat_282_sky_ukxml files are made,
just a thought please don't shoot me down if what i ask isn't possible.

abu baniaz
02-06-16, 23:17
The plugin feeds get updated/built when a build is made. So no.

However, the actual files are on Github and it should be possible to make a script to download and replace them.

https://github.com/oe-alliance/AutoBouquetsMaker/tree/master/AutoBouquetsMaker/providers

Also, satellites.xml not involved other than validate satellite name/position.

^^COMPASS^^
02-06-16, 23:35
Thanks for your reply abu,

sorry i meant the provider xml file EG: sat_282_sky_uk.xml

if its at all possible to run a script that would be fantastic

bouncy
03-06-16, 01:29
yes. no longer viewable on non-official receivers.

So is HD a thing of the past on these receivers? Or as a paying customer will I ever get them back?

abu baniaz
03-06-16, 01:39
So is HD a thing of the past on these receivers? Or as a paying customer will I ever get them back?
You pay the provider for using their receiver. It is part of the terms and conditions. Stick the card back in the receiver they supplied and you will watch HD channels again.

joysleep1
03-06-16, 09:07
Would sd channels ever go?

scottmcmullan8
03-06-16, 11:11
Would sd channels ever go?

Yes at some stage it is inevitable. My theory is that rather than sorting encryption/pairing on SD channels, they will simply be phased out and every channel will become HD as standard with the offering on 4k channels then being the new, shiny thing that is marketed out by the TV providers. That's just my theory though.

joysleep1
03-06-16, 11:38
Yes at some stage it is inevitable. My theory is that rather than sorting encryption/pairing on SD channels, they will simply be phased out and every channel will become HD as standard with the offering on 4k channels then being the new, shiny thing that is marketed out by the TV providers. That's just my theory though.

i thought sky would not bother with SD because it would cost them too much to replace every single SD sky box.
Is that true?

Andy_Hazza
03-06-16, 11:45
I think as soon as all the non hd multi room boxes have been replaced or the vast majority has been replaced by the HD multi room boxes, I think it will be goodnight SD channels also. Only a matter of time me thinks. [emoji20]

scottmcmullan8
03-06-16, 11:59
I think as soon as all the non hd multi room boxes have been replaced or the vast majority has been replaced by the HD multi room boxes, I think it will be goodnight SD channels also. Only a matter of time me thinks. [emoji20]

I'm still hopeful of at least another year I guess it's a big enough job to roll out all the new boxes and getting the tricky customers to comply.

Andy_Hazza
03-06-16, 12:07
I'm still hopeful of at least another year I guess it's a big enough job to roll out all the new boxes and getting the tricky customers to comply.

I hope never. But realistically its inevitable it is going to happen sadly, the exact reason I hate Sky for trying to control everybody on how we view our legit viewing cards unless we have a shitty sky box. If they gave us choices and options to customise would be a different matter, this is why I love Enigma2 and OpenViX so we can tinker with Skins and have Kodi installed etc. [emoji17]

joysleep1
03-06-16, 12:12
The new sky Q boxes are looking to be really good. It has a lot of the features you get on enigma 2 receivers.................

scottmcmullan8
03-06-16, 12:35
I hope never. But realistically its inevitable it is going to happen sadly, the exact reason I hate Sky for trying to control everybody on how we view our legit viewing cards unless we have a shitty sky box. If they gave us choices and options to customise would be a different matter, this is why I love Enigma2 and OpenViX so we can tinker with Skins and have Kodi installed etc. [emoji17]

Yeah I agree. I'm in a Non cable area so when it does to I'll be moving to iptv and giving that a go. Not ideal but the only option.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Sicilian
03-06-16, 15:39
Thread closed, what happens, happens. Pointless speculating