PDA

View Full Version : Cable Tuners

Bazzer
18-08-15, 09:55
Hi all,
I have two Cable tuners spare and I was wondering if it would be beneficial for me to install them in my Mutant. At the moment I have two Sat tuners in my STB . I have a Tivo box and only use this for basic tv . If I fit the cable tuners will this give me more channels like all freeview . I have also noticed that the connection that goes into my Tivo is different to the connection on the cable tuners . Could someone please advise what connections I would req for it to fit the tuners.

abu baniaz
18-08-15, 11:15
The is a list of free chanenls on Cable.

BBC Alba
BBC Four
BBC News
BBC One
BBC One AD
BBC One NI
BBC One Scotland
BBC One Wales
BBC Parliament
BBC Three
BBC Two
BBC Two
BBC Two AD
BBC one london
CBBC Channel
CBeebies
Challenge
Channel 4
Channel 4 Audio Desc
Channel 4+1
Channel 5
ITV
ITV Audio Desc
Pick
S4C
S4C Adio Desc
Sky News

You are better off connecting to an aerial.

Bazzer
18-08-15, 11:19
Thanks Abu much appreciated , so would I just install the one tuner then and sell the other .

abu baniaz
18-08-15, 13:17
You can install both.

If you dont need both, sell one of them.

ghostivv
26-11-15, 12:40
Where can I buy a cable tuner for mutant24K? The box was for someone and I'm helping him to install in his property. Currently he's got just one feed coming from disc but does have a free feed from cable. We didn't realised when ordering this as one of the feed from sat disc was taken off due to damage, so the box ordered was with dual DVB-S2 tuner. Is it possible these combinations to act same as two feeds into twin tuners for recording/streaming one ch while watching:
Sat disc -> 1x DVB S2 tuner + VM feed -> 1x cable tuner

Thanks.

judge
26-11-15, 12:53
Where can I buy a cable tuner for mutant24K?

http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/Mutant/Mutant=hd2400-hybrid-dvb-c-t-t2-tuner-module

knotty78
06-02-17, 16:45
Anyone one know where I can buy a cable tuner module for mutant HD2400? World of satellite don't sell them anymore.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bassethound
06-02-17, 17:14
As the tuners are DVB-T2 i would use them for Terrestrial tv way more channels to watch in HD and SD

http://www.stevelarkins.freeuk.com/Freeview_tv_channels.htm