PDA

View Full Version : Vu+ SOLO SE - USB DVB-S2 Stick Possible ?

viking75
17-08-15, 20:28
Hello,

I would like to know if it is possible to put an USB DVB-S2 tuner stick for my Solo SE ?
I am using Openvix Hades image.

If anyone got tips for a working model on this box and without driver problems, it would be great.

Cheers.

Huevos
17-08-15, 21:39
Not sure for that box. Dvb-sky should work fine, it does on other Vu+ models.

viking75
19-08-15, 16:10
Thanks Huevos,

I gave a try and we can say that this USB tuner (DVBsky S960) can used with a SOLO SE too.

Working with the DVBsky Family driver (despite some people here said it wont, better using vb-usb-dw2012, which in my case, doesnot work :D ).

The only weird thing is about SNR & AGC : For exemple: BT Sport HD SNR: 98 :eek: - AGC: 50 :confused:

When using the Solo SE Tuner, got : AGC: 80 - SNR: 79 . Maybe a matter of driver and/or USB tuner sensibility.

At this moment, i didnt make a Scan, but when done , i will update this post.

viking75
19-08-15, 20:25
Update about Scan:

Internal Tuner: Astra 19.2 (Tuner A aka 0 )
USB Tuner: Astra 28.2 (Tuner B aka 1 )

Sorry about my poor english, hoping you will understand what i wanted to write.
1. The "Blind" scan seems not to be working (For USB), "No transponders were found using such parameters" ( i used the written parameters, no changes)

2. Automatic Scan: If watching a channel on Tuner B (BBC CI for my exemple), and i decide to make an automatic scan for both tuner, it will start with the internal Tuner ( A ) but it wont release the channel on the Tuner B, the process is ok for Tuner A, then, when switching on the Tuner B, as the channel is still locked, no scan possible .

No problem if i am watching a channel on Tuner A (Internal one) when starting the automatic scan process, both tuner will be scanned, but the Tuner A Channel list will be overwritten by the Tuner B .

Minor issues by the way.

I noticed that when changing channel from Tuner A (>Internal) to Tuner B (USB), my tv shows a little popup about resolution (1080 - 50 ) but i think it is related about my wanted resolution written in the Openvix config, and the fact that this Tuner B is hardware independant from the VU+ Solo hardware .

viking75
21-08-15, 09:35
Update2 about Scan:

The "Blind Scan" plugin seems to be "broken" after installing the DVBSky Family driver, not working on both tuner ( Internal and USB), it was working for the Internal Tuner before installing the USB Tuner.

If I delete these DVBSky driver (then reboot), the "Blind Scan" plugin is working again.