PDA

View Full Version : Upgrading new image !

josweet
17-08-15, 01:00
Im upgrading my buddies machine for the first time in about 2 yrs! whilst he's away on his hols. Not sure what image he's running but it would have been the first one that was available from VIX for this box.
IF anyone can answer me the following, itll really help me out.

Do i need to upgrade the boot loader (if so how) or can i simply flash the latest "openvix-Hades.018.release-gbquad " to the box ?
and...

I know ill have to set it up manually, but i would like to be able to keep the familys scheduled recordings list if possible.
Can i make via FTP a backup of his scheduled recordings list, and then transfer it back to the box with the updated img ?
IF so, whats the file and path please.. ?

josweet
17-08-15, 12:11
Found the answer to my first question of the bootloader. Anyone else in the same boat can grab it here> http://www.openvix.co.uk/index.php?dir=***Bootloaders***/GiGaBlue-Bootloaders/GiGaBlue-QUAD/

Still no idea about the scheduled recordings list backup

abu baniaz
17-08-15, 12:20
timers.xml in /etc/enigma2/
autotimers.xml in /etc/enigma2/

You must ensure that Enigma2 is not running in new image when you transfer the files back.

josweet
17-08-15, 13:42
timers.xml in /etc/enigma2/
autotimers.xml in /etc/enigma2/

You must ensure that Enigma2 is not running in new image when you transfer the files back.
Are the timers xml's a global standard in all vix images ?
If not, how would i add the original timers to an upgraded image

hilly
17-08-15, 17:52
To save your mate greifing you why not write his timers down to be safe :)

Stanman
17-08-15, 18:01
You can ftp the autotimer and timers file from the image and send it back. It's in wtx/enigma iirc

josweet
18-08-15, 14:16
All done and works great ;)
Final question, where is the "disable error messages" in Hades so i can remove the "sid not found" error when i go to the likes of BBC3 during the day which isnt being broadcast ?

Andy_Hazza
18-08-15, 14:53
No such thing. Better still don't go onto those channels during the day. [emoji13]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

josweet
19-08-15, 00:49
No such thing. Better still don't go onto those channels during the day.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wrong... Knew i had seen it :smiley_yup: