PDA

View Full Version : Number of Tuners possible and a cable tuner

jassie
16-08-15, 22:22
Good evening all, I am currently using a duo2 with a dual and single satellite tuner fitted, all 3 are satellite tuners, it seems to me there is space for a 4th tuner, is this certainly the case and can this tuner be a dual tuner? I was thinkin about dabbling with a cable tuner if it will be easy to fit. I bought a cable tuner in the az box days, could this be used or will a specific one be needed for the vu+? Will a dual cable tuner be needed if I am looking to record one thing and watch another or is cable different to satellite like this? Many thanks guys.

Huevos
16-08-15, 23:44
Duo2 has 2 tuner slots.

If you want to watch and record from different frequencies you will need multiple cable tuners.

jassie
16-08-15, 23:46
does that mean there's no space for a cable tuner then, I've just looked behind the receiver and there seems to be another area where tuners would go or is that just for design?

abu baniaz
16-08-15, 23:51
There are two tuner slots. If they are both occupied, you cannot fit a third tuner module.

There are twin Cable tuners.
And also USB tuners.

jassie
16-08-15, 23:58
so I can fit a usb cable tuner if the two slots are already occupied?

abu baniaz
17-08-15, 00:02
A USB tuner goes into a USB slot. You must have a USB socket that is not being used.

EDIT:
You would be better off removing the single sat tuner and replacing it with a twin cable tuner. Link to tuner below.
http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/VU/VU-vuplus-dvb-t-t2-c-hybrid-dual-twin-tuner-module

jassie
17-08-15, 01:36
Thanks abu, I see what you mean, then I will be limited to 2 satellite tuners, but having said that I should find a lot of what I want to record on terrestrial and cable channels. When it say's hybrid does it mean I can have one of them as terrestrial and the other as cable, but must decide whch is to be which connecting the cables, thanks for your advise as always mate.

jassie
17-08-15, 01:39
Furthermore am I am to download epg's for both or even all 3 so autotimers can be successfully maintained?

jassie
17-08-15, 01:45
Abu having looked at the picture I understand you have to make a choice between cable to terrestrial;)

abu baniaz
17-08-15, 02:16
The tuner is switchable. You tell it what cable you have connected, it will function that mode.
If you have Terrestrail wire connected (aerial), you select (DVB-T). If Cable signal wire connected, you select DVB-C. There is only one connection for the signal wire. The splitter is built-in the circuitory.

jasper1974
17-08-15, 03:19
A USB tuner goes into a USB slot. You must have a USB socket that is not being used.

EDIT:
You would be better off removing the single sat tuner and replacing it with a twin cable tuner. Link to tuner below.
http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/VU/VU-vuplus-dvb-t-t2-c-hybrid-dual-twin-tuner-module

Cant believe sponsor has finally got these in know what im ordering for my duo2 this week

DaMacFunkin
17-08-15, 07:00
As a side note mate think carefully about this, USB cable tuners are way more reliable then USB sat tuners, every USB sat tuner i have ever tried has been unreliable (including Sundtek) , so if you think you will need 3 sat tuners, then buy 2x USB cable tuner, you can get the VU+ Turbo for about £50 each.

jassie
19-08-15, 01:32
Thanks guys, I will way up the options, I could survive on 2 sat tuners if I add 2 cable tuners as much of what would have been recorded on the 3rd sat tuner can be found on the cable:cool:

DaMacFunkin
19-08-15, 06:44
Here is the slight problem, say for instance your wife has you set up recordings for Coronation Street on ITV HD & Eastenders on BBC1 HD, you would set these to record from your satellite (because they are FTA), if you are recording Corrie, and watching footy on Satellite or some other channel, the Eastenders recording won't automatically start to record from your cable tuner instead unless you set all the channels as alternatives, shocking i know but there are times i really need 3 sat tuners, i have tried to enable the remote receiver option, so it can nick a tuner of my solo2, but i've never got it to work.

tappari
20-08-15, 10:14
Good evening all, I am currently using a duo2 with a dual and single satellite tuner fitted, all 3 are satellite tuners, it seems to me there is space for a 4th tuner, is this certainly the case and can this tuner be a dual tuner? I was thinkin about dabbling with a cable tuner if it will be easy to fit. I bought a cable tuner in the az box days, could this be used or will a specific one be needed for the vu+? Will a dual cable tuner be needed if I am looking to record one thing and watch another or is cable different to satellite like this? Many thanks guys.
Coming back to your tuner problem. By adding usb-hub and three Sundtek c/t2 tuners it`s allright. Today Sundtek drivers accept three Sundek usb tuners. Not very cheap, but it works.