PDA

View Full Version : newbie in need of help please, Issue with CrossEPG

jameslong
16-08-15, 18:16
Hi, I've recently purchased a new vu+duo2 from WOS. It came preloaded with VIX running Hades (018 Build)

After pluging everything in and setting up the LAN... and installing an Autobouquet (there wasn't on installed) I tried to install the CrossEPG Downloader from the Plugins menu, it comes up with the 'Starting Downloader'imge and after a few seconds 'CrossEPG Error. Timeout for tuner lock'

I've looked around other posts and forums but cant seem to find any solutoin to getting the epg to work.

I've already tried to uninstall the plugin and reinstall it from the plugin menu.

I do have channels and can watch tv...just no epg available to sort the channel listings out.

Any help would be much appriciated...

Andy_Hazza
16-08-15, 18:19
Take a look here at the guides >> http://www.openvix.co.uk/index.php?dir=%2A%2A%2AGuides%20and%20Tutorials%2A %2A%2A/

ukoberon
16-08-15, 18:20
Hi Jameslong

Check your connections to your sat dish - i had the timeout for tuner lock and it was due to having 4 tuners set up but only 2 connected - makes sure you have got connections to all tuners you have set enabled and that that your connections are good.

Andy_Hazza
16-08-15, 18:22
Hi Jameslong

Check your connections to your sat dish - i had the timeout for tuner lock and it was due to having 4 tuners set up but only 2 connected - makes sure you have got connections to all tuners you have set enabled and that that your connections are good.

Has nothing to do with this!!!

jameslong
16-08-15, 18:25
Thank you, reading thru it now :-)

ukoberon
16-08-15, 18:25
Fine - just saying what worked for me - will go back and lurk

ukoberon
16-08-15, 18:27
Fine - just saying what worked for me - will go back and lurk :rolleyes:

jameslong
16-08-15, 18:43
@ Andy Hazza
I read thru the CrossEPG guide and did evreything as per the guide and get the same result when is says to go to Download Now, it starts the downloader and then comes up with the same error

Huevos
16-08-15, 18:49
You need to enable debug logs, and post the log of an EPG pull being done.

jameslong
16-08-15, 19:01
You need to enable debug logs, and post the log of an EPG pull being done.

i enabled Debug Logs and tried again to download and then went back to the logs menu and there weren't any logs there

jameslong
16-08-15, 21:02
thank you everyone for your input, i have resolved the issue it seems by doing a full factory reset and starting from the beginning, this time the epg downloaded first time with no issues :cool: