PDA

View Full Version : EPG download with motorised dish

dwarf
13-08-15, 16:57
Hi all, Just got my ET10000 all set up but I have a weird problem I can't solve.

My current set up is:-
Tuner 1 28.2e Fixed
Tuner 2 28.2e Fixed
Tuner 3 13.0e Fixed
Tuner 4 USALS
Hades build 18

I have my EPG set to download using Crossepg using opentv as the provider for 13e and 28.2e. When my ET10000 does the download it uses the motorised dish and goes to 13e and does the download successfully then moves to 28.2e and gets stuck at loading channels and nothing happens. I eventually have to kill the box.

My motorised dish is aligned correctly and the signal from the motorised dish on 28.2 is excellent.

My old Gigablue quad plus this box replaced worked perfectly with the same config.

Can anyone else test this? Is this a driver bug? The box seems slower at doing the epg download than the Gigablue also.

I have disabled the 13e opentv download at the moment and that is allowing the 28.2e download to work ok.

I have tried using a different tuner and I have fresh flashed the box a few times without restoring.

If it's a bug then I'm happy with that but if it's a setup problem then I want to get to the bottom of it.

Thanks

Huevos
13-08-15, 17:16
Try moving the USALS feed to tuner C.

dwarf
13-08-15, 20:52
Thanks huevos, I actually tried that yesterday and it's exactly the same.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Huevos
13-08-15, 23:39
Check the USALS dish with Satfinder on:
28.2E, DVB-S, 11778 V 27500 2/3.

Post a screenshot.

Also post a debug log of the scan.

dwarf
14-08-15, 09:09
I will do this tonight when I get home tonight, Thanks for the help.

dwarf
14-08-15, 20:24
Hi Huevos, I've enabled logs and took a screen shot for you.

I've had a look through the logs and I can't see anything relating to crossepg downloader?

Huevos
14-08-15, 23:08
I've had a look through the logs and I can't see anything relating to crossepg downloader?The idea is you restart the GUI and then do an EPG pull. That way we get a log from Cross.

dwarf
14-08-15, 23:11
The pull from crossepg never completes it just hangs when trying on 28.2.

When it hangs should I restart the gui or will it eventually time out?

I was doing init 4 and init 3 via telnet

abu baniaz
14-08-15, 23:20
If you don't want to upload the debug logs, please just say so.

dwarf
15-08-15, 10:06
If you don't want to upload the debug logs, please just say so.
I think you've misunderstood me Abu, I uploaded a log above with the screenshots?

What I was meaning was I couldn't see anything in the uploaded log relating to crossepg. I am unsure of the correct procedure for getting the logs to record the correct and useful information.

I enabled debug logs then rebooted the receiver I then ran crossepg waited sometime while it hung on 28.2 and rebooted the receiver using init 4 then init 3 then uploaded the log. Is this the correct way or the wrong way?

I do want to upload the logs as I would like to get to the bottom of it.

Thanks

abu baniaz
15-08-15, 10:20
My apologies, I did not see it., maybe because being viewed on phone. In any case, sorry.

The process you describe is correct.

dwarf
15-08-15, 10:57
Does the log contain anything useful about crossepg? Or would you like me to pull another log?

abu baniaz
15-08-15, 11:03
Another log please.

Joe_90
15-08-15, 11:12
Does the log contain anything useful about crossepg? Or would you like me to pull another log?

I could only see that CrossEPG was set for auto download at 01:00, but no evidence that you were actually running it manually. There should be a log in /media/hdd/crossepg which you can check also.

dwarf
15-08-15, 11:40
The funny thing is its not! It was but since this bug I've been using xml updater for the epg instead. I manually ran crossepg from the blue button when the attached log was created.

Thanks for the cross epg log tip I'll upload that later today when I get a chance

dwarf
15-08-15, 14:10
Here are 2 of the latest log's.

I rebooted the box then pressed the blue button and started crossepg downloader, I left it for about 10 minutes trying to download the epg from 28.2 then killed it using init 4 then init 3 then downloaded the logs.

Huevos
15-08-15, 17:02
You are posting the wrong log.

If you post the most recent log that is the one after the restart. You need to post the log that contains the EPG pull.

Joe_90
15-08-15, 18:21
The crossepg.log shows 13E being downloaded, then it seems to stall on 28E as you indicated in the first post. The debug log doesn't show anything of interest. As abu says, maybe you're uploading the wrong log. After booting, initiate a gui restart from the menu and this will create a timestamped log. Then do a manual CrossEPG run from the menu. If it gets stuck after the 13E load and subsequent move to 28.2E grab the debug log before you kill E2 and restart.

abu baniaz
15-08-15, 18:51
Need to test this if I get a chance tonight. Could it be related to the ABM/Sky IT issue recently?

dwarf
15-08-15, 20:22
The receiver doesn't create the log until I reboot though. This is the log straight after the reboot.

Like I said in the original post the quad plus had no issue. I'm wondering if it's a driver bug with xtrend. I don't use abm for Italy only 28.2 I use an edited version of vhannibals list for everything else.

I'll attempt to grab another log tomorrow, the wife is watching the TV just now so I can't interfere with that lol.

Thanks for all the help so far.

Huevos
15-08-15, 22:02
Clear the logs directory.
Do a GUI restart.
Do another GUI restart.

How many logs have you got in the logs directory?

Should be 2.

dwarf
16-08-15, 15:02

Yes I have 2 logs.

I'll do another crossepg download and upload the log. I can't reset the gui through the menus when its attempting to do a crossepg download though as its stuck with the message downloading channels. So I have been killing it via telnet.

For this log I will restart the gui through open webif.

Huevos
16-08-15, 16:12
You don't need to kill it. Just grab the log.

Huevos
16-08-15, 16:19
Still no entry in the log.

No idea what you are doing. Go into OpenTV setup. Make sure Sky It and Sky UK both have a tick. Then press yellow to download. If it stalls, grab the log.

dwarf
16-08-15, 16:31
I don't have a log until the gui is restarted though?

Huevos
16-08-15, 16:38
How can you not have the log? The logfile is continually updated and can be retrieved over ftp at any time.

dwarf
16-08-15, 18:50
Ok I understand now why it wasn't working, Here is the new log. It has crossepg info in it this time.

Huevos
16-08-15, 19:39
Put the USALS dish on feed 2, and fixed 28.2 on feed 4. Setup the tuner config and try again.

dwarf
17-08-15, 10:43
OK I've done as suggested and now cross epg seems to be using the fixed dishes to do its download rather then the usals dish. The download is successful now