PDA

View Full Version : How do i edit and/or updae a channel list manually on et8000?

jimbo2015
13-08-15, 08:46
Hello

I have an Xtrend ET8000 and am having trouble editing channel list.

I have used DreamBoxEdit 3.0 (the latest version aparently), and have changed the directory path to get the channels from the box into the editor.

There is currently a new version of ITV4 which I did manage to add to the list. However, I cannot now add any more channels manually. For example, I want to try to add a combined BBC4/CBeebies using just the PIDs. I did the same with the new ITV4 by the way.

However, the issue seems to be related to the fact that it wants "satellite positions" to be stored in order to add new channels. You have to enter a value in every red star field. However, I can edit an existing channel and it ads it to the list if I cange it, but if I try to resend those to the box I do not get the channel list I uploaded.

There is the main window iwth the channels in, and a second window with another channel list in.

If I load one channel list I get an older one. I can only save the channel list as a folder not as a file. What is the name of the overall channel list? The file names are for example:

userbouquet.abm.terrestrial_uk_freeview.1.tv

But that is the autobouquets ones and not the manually edited list.

I have tried numerous times and no luck. Please can you tell me what is the correct name of the editable channel list and why can't I just upload it into the box?

Your help is much appreciated and thanks very much.

twol
13-08-15, 09:22
Must admit I don,t find DBE particularly user friendly .... Not a direct answer to your question, but why don,t you try E-channelizer under dowloads/tools .. Its different andonce you get to understand the layout reasonably user friendly.

abu baniaz
13-08-15, 09:30
Can you please note the following:

It is best to use the image support section for image issues as problems/solutions are usually the same irrespective of receiver. It also helps others searching for the same issue although they may have another receiver.

Please read the thread in link below which explains things better.

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?33155-ALL-MEMBERS-PLEASE-READ!-New-method-of-posting-in-ViX-Support-Section (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?33155-ALL-MEMBERS-PLEASE-READ!-New-method-of-posting-in-ViX-Support-Section)!

No harm has been done, no need to apologise. Please bear in mind for future support questions.

jimbo2015
13-08-15, 09:31
Thanks can you provide a link to a download for that? downloads/tools - what does that mean? Where is that? Thanks

jimbo2015
13-08-15, 09:32
Can you please note the following:

Thank you I will do so in future.

jimbo2015
13-08-15, 09:37
Sorry I will do that in future however

This programme does not work for me. It is not compatible with Windows XP - it just crashes. Please advise.