PDA

View Full Version : Sly Movies - Black Bar top and bottom - Vu+ Duo

mcquaim
18-12-10, 13:14
Hi folks,

I couldn't see a previous post for this issue so if I've missed it I'm sorry!

I have a Philips 32PFL5403D/10 tv and the Vu+ Duo but when I watch some movies the picture has a black bar at the top and the bottom of the screen. I have another Philips 32PFL5604H/12 tv and I can select Movie Expand 16:9 and it stretches the picture out to fit perfectly.

Philips said that the first tv is of a lower spec and it cannot adjust hi resolution pictures when transmitted over HDMI and that I'd have to set the sat box to alter this before sending it to the tv.

I've been in the Setup -> System -> A/V Settings and Autoresolution sections but I'm not getting the box to alter this issue.

Anyone come across this before?

Thanks,
mcquaim

bob1
18-12-10, 13:32
I doubt you will solve this, the aspect ratio of the transmission will be not 16.9 ,all your doing with the other tv is stretching the picture ,i don't think the duo as a stretch/zoom option.

pooface
18-12-10, 17:15
I doubt you will solve this, the aspect ratio of the transmission will be not 16.9 ,all your doing with the other tv is stretching the picture ,i don't think the duo as a stretch/zoom option.

There was a plugin which can be used to alter the resolution of the enigma2 boxes. Used to use it on my dm800 a lot, but can't remember what it's called. Will have a search about for it...

canthackit
18-12-10, 18:34
you wont get rid of the black bars, that's the way the movies are shot, only when the aspect ratio is anamophic ie 1:85.1 will you get the picture to completly fill the screen.

the movies that we watch with black bars are shot at 2:35.1 or there abouts as there are variations on this.

regards: canthackit

pooface
18-12-10, 19:08
The plugin I mentioned was something like AspectRatioSwitch, and allowed filling screen to remove all black bars (apart from hard encoded black bars).

Will look to get it up for you at some point...

Sent by my phone

mcquaim
18-12-10, 21:30
Cheers pooface, top marks!