PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo2] Deep Standby - power button behaviour during & after recording?

ashhinton
11-08-15, 00:04
Hello

I wanted to permanently change my default power button operation from normal standby to deep standby but I wonder if anyone can answer a couple of questions?

If you press power while a recording is in progress it warns you not to go into deep standby (default = no) but what happens after the recording(s) have finished? Does it then go into deep standby or just carry on powered up?

We most evenings use the power button on the front of the satellite receiver*, is it possible to answer "no" when it asks re: deep standby if recordings are in progress? Either another press of the front panel power button to acknowledge the default (no) or just leaving the dialogue box to default?

*Just in case anyone wonders why, we tend to switch the TV off rather than standby + we have a separate audio power amp which has a traditional power switch, thus it's easier at the end of the evening just to deal with all our "offs" at once, on the units themselves.

I guess a third question here would be power timers: if I set one for deep standby at, say, 23:00 and something was still recording, I assume it would ignore the shutdown command (recordings should take priority) until the recording had ended.. but then would it finally enter deep standby?

Thanks

Ashley

judge
11-08-15, 00:27
A multi function remote might suit you.
Maybe look at harmony remotes & keep an eye on their blemished box pages.

birdman
11-08-15, 01:25
I guess a third question here would be power timers: if I set one for deep standby at, say, 23:00 and something was still recording, I assume it would ignore the shutdown command...That's what I'd like to assume - but given that my box will go into Standby when I am playing back a recording (it did it this evening) I couldn't guarantee it.