PDA

View Full Version : Random green flashes when watching channels

Eiji
10-08-15, 23:06
Ever since upgrading from a GigaBlue Quad+ to the Mutant HD2400 I randomly get a quick green flash on screen randomly while watching channels which usually covers the bottom half or third of the screen. It happens with both cable tuners and I haven't seen it on the sat tuners as I don't use those much and the problem is too infrequent.

What could be causing this? I'm using the latest version of OpenVix.

Thanks.

xhemp
11-08-15, 01:06
Can you get a screenshot or a picture of that?

Sent from my Lenovo TAB S8-50F using Tapatalk

sedor21
11-08-15, 20:26
I think it could the update notification

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eiji
11-08-15, 23:14
I'll try to find a recording that has this issue even though it happens on Live TV. It also isn't the update notification as the lower half of the TV screen flashes scrambled and green. The audio works without problems.

xhemp
11-08-15, 23:35
I'll try to find a recording that has this issue even though it happens on Live TV. It also isn't the update notification as the lower half of the TV screen flashes scrambled and green. The audio works without problems.
Take a picture, if you can. Nothing comes to my mind on what could be causing that. Have you tried a different HDMI cable and/or input?

abu baniaz
11-08-15, 23:37
Green/Pink tint are HDMI related issues. As above check witha different HDMI cable.

adm
12-08-15, 02:49
Green/Pink tint are HDMI related issues. As above check witha different HDMI cable.

Or if outputting from the box at 50Hz 1080p reduce the data rate to 1080i. If that cures the problem consider a better specified HDMI cable but remembering that a five quid (or less) cable can work just as well as a gold plated snake oil £500 cable.

There are different specs for HDMI cables. See the 'cable' and 'version; sections of https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HDMI

Eiji
04-09-15, 06:06
I tried different HDMI cables, settings etc and the problem persisted so I decided to try flashing the bootloader and made things worse! :confused:

Now I get no output from the HDMI!