PDA

View Full Version : AV Button Problem on VU+ Remote

rowladar
09-08-15, 22:25
Hi,
I've followed the instructions for programming the Vu+ Duo2 remote to get the AV button to bring up the TV's AV setting and that bit works, but I can't then use the remote to actually change the AV setting - hitting the up/down button bring up the VU+ menu bouquet rather than changing the TV AV channel.

What am I doing wrong?

Daran.

wallnut
09-08-15, 23:11
Dont use the up/down button.
Just keep pressing the AV button to toggle :)

rowladar
10-08-15, 20:22
Dont use the up/down button.
Just keep pressing the AV button to toggle :)

Hi - I've tried that but that just opens and closes the AV menu...

Trial
11-08-15, 07:49
Hi,
bad luck then you cannot use it. I think Philips behaves this way. With my Samsung I can switch between the inputs by pressing AV several times until the desired input is reached. If a TV only opens/closes a menu no chance to switch inputs with the remote.

ciao

Willmoore
11-08-15, 09:21
Sorry to hi-jack thread.
I have set up my A/V button and it toggles when I repeatedly press A/V but how do I select the required input - currently I have to wait until it times out.

Trial
11-08-15, 09:34
Hi,
you have to wait because there is no other button mapped for input changes.

ciao

Willmoore
11-08-15, 09:53
Can a button be mapped to 'select' ?
I have been into button set up but can not work out how to do it.

Trial
11-08-15, 10:15
Hi,
you cannot map a button with a TV function.

When you programmed the remote to control also your TV only the buttons vol up/down, mute and AV are mapped to fixed TV commands. You cannot change these commands and you cannot add further TV commands to the remote.

If you want a really flexible remote take a look at the Logitech Harmonies.

Ralf

Willmoore
11-08-15, 10:22
Ahhh okay thanks for that - makes the function less usefull than I first thought.

Trial
11-08-15, 11:28
Hi,
depends on the brand of the TV. For Samsung it is very usefull imho but for others completely uselesse because the input cannot be selected.

ciao