PDA

View Full Version : [ABM-DVB-S/S2] Adding Irish Channels?

1irishninja
09-08-15, 20:08
Ok here is my issue, I am in N.I it gives me RTE 1 & 2 + TG4, However I would also like to add TV3 3e and UTV Ireland to some sort of list rather than having to go through 28e to find them. Is there an easy way of doing this? Also how do I add a channel to the favourites list? I could add all Irish channels to favourite to save a lot of trouble.

Huevos
09-08-15, 21:05
Please post your debug log.

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?44783-ABM-support-questions

lincsat
09-08-15, 23:55
You can try my Alt providers file, it does add an Irish Bouquet. Note - doesn't work with the very latest plugin files from the GiT

https://app.box.com/s/huc8cah8qhm3qceqxcfqyu5lsbpb2ynt

You would use the provider 28e

1irishninja
10-08-15, 07:19
Log attached.

Joe_90
10-08-15, 07:43
If you add TV3 and UTV Ireland on a SKY transponder, will your card clear them? I have a notion that they are only available on an RoI card, but maybe not?

1irishninja
10-08-15, 07:47
Your right my card won't but then..

Huevos
10-08-15, 10:28
So which channels clear on an NI card?

Joe_90
10-08-15, 12:22
The "national" channels RTE1, RTE2 and TG4 are carried on the regional SKY EPG for NI, and are cleared by cards in that region.
In RoI there are no ITV channels on the SKY EPG, due to a prior licensing arrangement with TV3 which carried a lot of ITV programming including the soaps. Obviously, as the majority of ITV channels are in the clear they could always be added as "other channels" on the SKY box and most installers configured the boxes that way. UTV Ireland was launched in RoI at the start of this year and TV3 consequently has lost the major ITV soaps. Don't think either TV3 or UTV Ireland are available in the clear except on terrestrial Saorview. Even C4 uses an encrypted transponder for RoI with targeted advertising, but I'm sure you know that. There's a certain amount of "blocked" sports programming between the two jurisdictions again due to licensing rights.

Huevos
11-08-15, 16:08
@1irishninja,

If you turn on "not indexed" in the "configure->expert" menu, those channels will appear.