PDA

View Full Version : [ABM-MISC] ABM chat from "Hades 19" thread.

Montay
04-08-15, 22:18
[moderator] split from this thread: http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?47209-When-is-019-being-released

Yes, me too, but I was asking the OP why he doesn't want to use ABM.

I cant see an option to exclude Adult/gaming channels in the default ABM. Also the popup tick box options of ABM E2 are easier for casual users like me.

Does anyone know how to delete every channel and bouqet on OpenVix?

Andy_Hazza
04-08-15, 22:21
Its easy to hide sections in ABM. You just have to tick what you don't want showing in the "Hide Sections" within ABM and rescan for it to take effect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jasper1974
05-08-15, 00:33
Yes, me too, but I was asking the OP why he doesn't want to use ABM.

I cant see an option to exclude Adult/gaming channels in the default ABM. Also the popup tick box options of ABM E2 are easier for casual users like me.

Used to prefer 28.2 UK but then started to use ABM to do a cable sat mix and with the help of a couple of people on here found it to be not just a lot faster and better supported but also found it to be so flexible and fairly easy to customize myself.

abu baniaz
05-08-15, 01:03
In ABM, there is a section to hide bouquets. You have to be in expert mode. Additionally, there is the blacklist option.

judge
05-08-15, 01:14
Used to prefer 28.2 UK but then started to use ABM to do a cable sat mix and with the help of a couple of people on here found it to be not just a lot faster and better supported but also found it to be so flexible and fairly easy to customize myself.
Takes a bit of reading & some head scratching till you know what you're doing but the inbuilt ABM has to be the best bouquets generator on any E2 box & is constantly improving with excellent new features.
There might be a manual with it in the future, but for now, the readme file in the plugin should help most users needs & customisations.

white_westie
05-08-15, 21:14
Additionally, there is the blacklist option.

abu
Silly question, but what is the blacklist option?

abu baniaz
05-08-15, 21:52
No question is silly. (obviously talking about what is permitted).

If you look at the xml, you will find this

whitelist = ['ITV HD','ITV2 HD','ITV3 HD','ITV4 HD','ITV Encore HD',752,'RTE2 HD','BoxNation HD','BT Preview HD']
whitelist_by_id = [3661,5032,3663,3141,3625,3629,3627,4040,5152,5153, 5154,5382,5383,5384,5385,5386,5662,5663,3622,3623]
blacklist = []

I have added the whitelist section as an example of entries. If you wanted to block a channel, you wold enter the name or number. e.g

blacklist = [900, 901,'Television X']

This would block channel 900,901 and Television X. They would not be included in the ABM bouquets.

Montay
06-08-15, 21:47
Takes a bit of reading & some head scratching till you know what you're doing but the inbuilt ABM has to be the best bouquets generator on any E2 box & is constantly improving with excellent new features.
There might be a manual with it in the future, but for now, the readme file in the plugin should help most users needs & customisations.

Where is the readme file? I can only see a plugin thread for ABM E2 and not the default ABM

judge
06-08-15, 21:54
Where is the readme file? I can only see a plugin thread for ABM E2 and not the default ABM
It's included in the plugin.
/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/AutoBouquetsMaker/custom/Readme.txt

Montay
06-08-15, 22:07
/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/AutoBouquetsMaker/custom/Readme.txt

Found and downloaded. I'm going to have a read over the next couple of days

Montay
07-08-15, 10:44

Ok, I've had a read but I'm still confused. Could you show me an example of how to create custom bouquets with ordered channel lists and custom channel numbers. I dont want any default bouquets just the custom ones.

I'd like something like this...

Entertainment
- 101 BBC 1 HD
- 102 BBC 2 HD
- 103 ITV HD
- 104 Channel 4 HD
- 105 Channel 5
- 106 Sky One

News
- 501 Sky News
- 502 Bloomberg
- 503 BBC News HD

Something like the above.

Andy_Hazza
07-08-15, 13:57
You can achieve the above using ABM (ViX's own channel maker), and select "CustomRegion" in your providers and enable swap.

Montay
07-08-15, 16:57
You can achieve the above using ABM (ViX's own channel maker), and select "CustomRegion" in your providers and enable swap.

Ok but I meant which xml file do I need and how would it look as an example for the above effect. For example where I add the sections/bouqets in the list below or will it just appear as a list?

<custom>
<include>yes</include>
<lcnlist>
<configuration lcn="100" channelnumber="108" description="Sky Sport News HD"></configuration>
<configuration lcn="104" channelnumber="110" description="Sky Atlantic HD"></configuration>
<configuration lcn="115" channelnumber="124" description="Fox HD"></configuration>
<configuration lcn="116" channelnumber="123" description="TNT Serie HD"></configuration>
</lcnlist>
</custom>

Montay
07-08-15, 18:25

I went to menu -> ABM -> Providers but there is no customregion and I cant see where to enable swap

Andy_Hazza
07-08-15, 18:51
I went to menu -> ABM -> Providers but there is no customregion and I cant see where to enable swap

What image are you on? To check this press menu > information > about. Tell me what image n build please. Ta.

Montay
07-08-15, 19:19
What image are you on? To check this press menu > information > about. Tell me what image n build please. Ta.

Sure. It's Build 013, Hades, Release

Andy_Hazza
07-08-15, 19:29
Any reason why you not on Hades 018? Can you do a software update via menu > setup > software update. What receiver do you have?

Andy_Hazza
07-08-15, 19:30
And also what providers are you using? Sky?

Montay
07-08-15, 19:39
And also what providers are you using? Sky?

I've updated it. I'm using a vu+ solo2 and a Vu+ zero. Both from WOS. I'm using sky hd 28.2e

Andy_Hazza
07-08-15, 19:48
Okie. In ABM, providers, on region scroll to your left until you see your "CustomRegion". It is definitely there, just keep scrolling through it till you find, e.g "London Custom". My settings are;
Sky UK: FTA only = No
Sky UK: generate main bouquet = No
Sky UK: generate section bouquets = Yes
Sky UK: generate HD bouquet = No
Sky UK: generate FTA bouquet = No
Sky UK: generate FTA HD bouquet = No
Sky UK: swap channels = Yes
Then press the green button to save. Make sure though you have Expert mode set in configure and also have "include "not indexed" channels set to Yes and green button to save and start scan.
After scan is finished exit all the way out n press your tv button on the vu+ remote (tv button bottom left) and try that. [emoji106]🏼

abu baniaz
07-08-15, 19:51
"Custom region" means any region with "custom" at end of name. As opposed to SD or HD.

Montay
07-08-15, 21:15
Ok I did everything else but cant find these settings

My settings are;
Sky UK: FTA only = No
Sky UK: generate main bouquet = No
Sky UK: generate section bouquets = Yes
Sky UK: generate HD bouquet = No
Sky UK: generate FTA bouquet = No
Sky UK: generate FTA HD bouquet = No
Sky UK: swap channels = Yes

abu baniaz
07-08-15, 21:29
Have you enabled Expert mode?

Montay
07-08-15, 21:43
yes. Should those options appear on the same page as the expert toggle? What page are they on?

abu baniaz
07-08-15, 21:49
There are some options in the simple/expert mode.
Once you enable the expert mode, you get more options in the provider screen.

Montay
07-08-15, 23:10
This is long. Would it be possible for someone to upload their xml files and setting so I can try it on my box. I think I could work it out from there for myself with a little guidance.

Andy_Hazza
07-08-15, 23:19
Nothing hard or long about it. In configure use "Expert" settings. And whilst in configure settings set "not indexed channels" to Yes.
Then green button to save then go into Providers and use my settings from previous post. Green button to save and scan.
Simples.

judge
07-08-15, 23:30
This is long. Would it be possible for someone to upload their xml files and setting so I can try it on my box. I think I could work it out from there for myself with a little guidance.

You don't need an xml for what you want, it's already included in the image.
Just enable expert mode in ABM & work through the provider options.

Montay
08-08-15, 00:00
You don't need an xml for what you want, it's already included in the image.
Just enable expert mode in ABM & work through the provider options.

I want to delete hundreds of channels. I want to create custom bouquets and put channels from the same section in two different bouquets. If I dont use an xml, wont my deletions and bouquets reset everytime I update the channel list?

judge
08-08-15, 00:06
I want to delete hundreds of channels. I want to create custom bouquets and put channels from the same section in two different bouquets. If I dont use an xml, wont my deletions and bouquets reset everytime I update the channel list?
In that case, you will need an xml.
Maybe better to get used to the basics of the plugin you're using first though.
It looks like your getting confused between the images built in ABM & the AB 28.2 plugin? trying to use files for one in the other?

Montay
08-08-15, 00:27
In that case, you will need an xml.
Maybe better to get used to the basics of the plugin you're using first though.
It looks like your getting confused between the images built in ABM & the AB 28.2 plugin? trying to use files for one in the other?

No I've stopped using ABM E2, the guys here convinced me to try ABM. The ABM readme says I need xml files. Any chance anyone could give me their xml file to help me see

judge
08-08-15, 00:33
Any chance anyone could give me their xml file to help me see
Every users custom file will obviously be different.
What exactly are you trying to do? what regions are you scanning? are you using more than one provider?

Montay
08-08-15, 06:09
Every users custom file will obviously be different.
What exactly are you trying to do? what regions are you scanning? are you using more than one provider?

I'm trying to scan Sky UK 28.2e and create a series of bouquets containing a specific list of channels in a specific list order. I also want the channels to be accessible by their Sky numbers. IE 503 for BBC News HD, etc.

Something like this....

News
- BBC News HD
- Sky News
- CNN
- Etc

Entertainment
- BBC One HD
- BBC Two HD
- ITV HD
- Channel 4 HD
- Channel 5
- Etc

I find the current sorting and list order to be all over the place and very confusing. For example BBC News HD is under documentaries. Sky News Arabia is under international and not under news. There are lots of examples like that.

I could use someone else's list as a base or template and modify it to do what I want

Andy_Hazza
08-08-15, 06:34
You will most likely have to create your own custom xml. I highly doubt anyone has a file what you want. You will need to install notepad ++ on your computer to get started with. I'm happy with ABM as this mimics Sky's official lineup, i.e. BBC News HD is in documentaries on sky etc. Only you know what you want and unfortunately you'll have to create your own or create a faves list with all your fave channels. Dunno.

twol
08-08-15, 08:20
I'm trying to scan Sky UK 28.2e and create a series of bouquets containing a specific list of channels in a specific list order. I also want the channels to be accessible by their Sky numbers. IE 503 for BBC News HD, etc.

Something like this....

News
- BBC News HD
- Sky News
- CNN
- Etc

Entertainment
- BBC One HD
- BBC Two HD
- ITV HD
- Channel 4 HD
- Channel 5
- Etc

I find the current sorting and list order to be all over the place and very confusing. For example BBC News HD is under documentaries. Sky News Arabia is under international and not under news. There are lots of examples like that.

I could use someone else's list as a base or template and modify it to do what I want
Then its probably easier to setup your own bouquets with the DBE applicaion (it runs under Windows or linux (with Wine))

Andy_Hazza
08-08-15, 08:38
But Montay has to realise he will have to manually update his channels whenever sky changes frequencies, whereas ABM looks after all that for him.

Montay
08-08-15, 14:13
I'm happy with ABM as this mimics Sky's official lineup, i.e. BBC News HD is in documentaries on sky etc

There should be an option to swap BBC News with BBC News HD in the News bouquet.

But Montay has to realise he will have to manually update his channels whenever sky changes frequencies, whereas ABM looks after all that for him.

I agree with you. This is why I want to use ABM so that updates to frequencies are taken care of. I guess one way of doing it is this...

- Stick to the default bouquets
- Hide the bouquets I dont want
- Add the channels I would delete to the blacklist and they wont get scanned into the bouquet

This would work well except the BBC Newd HD thing. This is why I liked ABM E2 because it swaps BBC News with BBC News HD in the News bouquet

bbbuk
08-08-15, 15:28
There should be an option to swap BBC News with BBC News HD in the News bouquet.I'm using the latest 28.2 providers xml file and have region set to CustomGranada and when I enable "swap channels", only BBC News HD shows in 'News' section of bouquet.

Is this what you're after?

iwg
08-08-15, 19:22
This thread seems to be talking about swapping channels now rather than the "where is Hades 019" which it started with. So as a loyal user of ABM Custom bouquets, can I add a request to build in the Setanta sports HD for SD swap? Or is it even a swap (that was the SD for missing HD). Setanta HD now is there anyway (clears) but not at default 4NN number?

Andy_Hazza
08-08-15, 20:03
This thread seems to be talking about swapping channels now rather than the "where is Hades 019" which it started with. So as a loyal user of ABM Custom bouquets, can I add a request to build in the Setanta sports HD for SD swap? Or is it even a swap (that was the SD for missing HD). Setanta HD now is there anyway (clears) but not at default 4NN number?

Take a look at this thread and look at post #15 or #84 for Sky UK xml file that you will need to ftp over to your receiver. All explained. > http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?t=46927

Huevos
08-08-15, 20:17
"London Custom" scan and "Setanta HD" is there at 460.

Huevos
08-08-15, 20:24
This would work well except the BBC Newd HD thing. This is why I liked ABM E2 because it swaps BBC News with BBC News HD in the News bouquetJust turn on swap and BBC News HD will swap.

TBH, I can't think of a single bouquet creation option from AB E2 that can't be accomplished one way or another in ABM.

white_westie
10-08-15, 21:33
No question is silly. (obviously talking about what is permitted).

If you look at the xml, you will find this

whitelist = ['ITV HD','ITV2 HD','ITV3 HD','ITV4 HD','ITV Encore HD',752,'RTE2 HD','BoxNation HD','BT Preview HD']
whitelist_by_id = [3661,5032,3663,3141,3625,3629,3627,4040,5152,5153, 5154,5382,5383,5384,5385,5386,5662,5663,3622,3623]
blacklist = []

I have added the whitelist section as an example of entries. If you wanted to block a channel, you wold enter the name or number. e.g

blacklist = [900, 901,'Television X']

This would block channel 900,901 and Television X. They would not be included in the ABM bouquets.

Abu
Been offline for a bit so thks for info.
Last question (not really to do with ABM but...) - what are the blacklist and whitelist files in /etc/enigma2 used for?
WW

abu baniaz
10-08-15, 21:36
Abu
Been offline for a bit so thks for info.
Last question (not really to do with ABM but...) - what are the blacklist and whitelist files in /etc/enigma2 used for?
WW
They are not part of ABM (as you mentioned), they are part of Enigma2. Not too sure, sorry.

Hami
20-08-15, 16:00

still unable to find this folder . where exactly can i find it on a zgemma . wreaking my head trying to find it for hours so as i can update the channel list

any help would be much appreciated

Hami
20-08-15, 16:08
wanting to try a custom file as when i run abm the channels arnt in the correct boquettes . everything is all over the place

DaMacFunkin
20-08-15, 16:08
people with zgemma don't get help, they are clones and not supported by vix.

sigpark
29-08-15, 17:22
Could somebody please list the files I need to copy from root\etc\enigma2 (and/or other location)for ABM to get the config to a new machine please? Looking for

1. ABM settings
2. User Bouquets
3. Hidden sections

Basically to transfer the ABM bouquets, bouquet order and associated settings over to another machine.

For each bouquet I can see the following two files:

userbouquet.______sky_ni__sd_________tv_.tv
userbouquet.abm.userbouquet.______sky_ni__sd______ ___tv_.separator.tv

but I am thinking I also need a config file for ABM with the bouquet order, regions selected etc., and the hidden sections.

Thanks

twol
29-08-15, 17:38
Could somebody please list the files I need to copy from root\etc\enigma2 (and/or other location)for ABM to get the config to a new machine please? Looking for

1. ABM settings
2. User Bouquets
3. Hidden sections

Basically to transfer the ABM bouquets, bouquet order and associated settings over to another machine.

but I am thinking I also need a config file for ABM with the bouquet order, regions selected etc., and the hidden sections.

Thanks
So why don't you download E-Channelizer (Downloads/tool) .... (its like DBE but supports ABM dummy entries) read in your bouquets from the 1st receiver and then write out to the 2nd receiver.
Once you have setup the profiles (right click on profiles) its 2 minutes.

sigpark
29-08-15, 17:42
So why don't you download E-Channelizer (Downloads/tool) .... (its like DBE but supports ABM dummy entries) read in your bouquets from the 1st receiver and then write out to the 2nd receiver.
Once you have setup the profiles (right click on profiles) its 2 minutes.

Thanks @twol for the suggestion, but I find it very convenient just to copy the files. I am guessing ABM probably only has a single config file somewhere, along with the user bouquet details I listed

Huevos
29-08-15, 18:02

1. ABM settings
2. User Bouquets
3. Hidden sections

ThanksFirst of all your image is out of date. So update both boxes first.

Then to move the config to another box you need to grab your ABM config from /etc/enigma2/settings. Open that file and grab any line that is connected to ABM. Here is a sample.

config.autobouquetsmaker.providers=sat_282_sky_uk: sdcustom_london:157:|sat_282_freesat:hd_freesat_11 0_1:157:
config.autobouquetsmaker.addprefix=true
config.autobouquetsmaker.showextraservices=true
config.autobouquetsmaker.level=expert

You need to copy those lines to the same file on the second box.

Before editing you have to send "init 4" to the box via telnet, to put E2 to sleep. And once you have edited the file and saved it back on the box you need to send "init 3" to wake it up again.

Then do an ABM scan.