PDA

View Full Version : Blown up!

8eaker
08-08-15, 14:30
My Technomate TM Twin OE purchased from WOS in April this year just blew up when turning on!
Loud bang and spark at the back. Blew the plug fuse, but removing the cover revealed a scorched area on the area near the power supply - near the large cylinder component.
I've dropped a email to WOS to get it sorted under warranty so fingers crossed it won't be too long.
Has anyone experienced this issue with a Technomate and/or experienced customer support and warranty repairs from WOS?
I'll keep you posted as to what happens next.44138

antwan
08-08-15, 17:43
Hi M8 I have several tm twins only two with network issues ie mac address missing.
Had to send back to Technomate for reprogramming of chip.

Both turned around within three - four days . I had to pay for shipping both ways which I thought was a bit much.
Don't know if WOS are authorised repairers are perhaps they too send them back to TM under warranty handling??.
you used to get a warranty card with TM products on my latest purchase from WOS there wasn't one. queried with WOS who told me that they have details of purchases and would handle any warranty issues.
Hope you get sorted soon :):)

Andy_Hazza
08-08-15, 20:53
Always good to have surge protectors when connecting stb's, games consoles, tv's etc. [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

adm
08-08-15, 21:10
[QUOTE=Andy_Hazza;368398]Always good to have surge protectors when connecting stb's, games consoles, tv's etc. [emoji4]

Or possibly not

http://www.zerosurge.com/technical-info/truth-about-movs/

Judging from the photo it looks like there is plenty of filtering in the input stage of box's power supply. It also looks if the burn marks are a result of something failing after the mains voltage has been rectified to give approx 350 volts at the large capacitor.

8eaker
12-08-15, 23:57
Well, super quick reply from WOS offering either to return entire box or have a new PSU sent direct from Technomate to fit myself.
Not liking to turn down a challenge, I opted for the PSU delivered direct. It turned up 24 hours later and fitted tonight.
Box is back working like a charm.
Top marks to WOS for Customer service.

aloon
21-08-15, 20:04
My PSU blew too, burn marks around one of the chips.
Top marks to WOS & Technomate for next day delivery of a replacement board.

Fitted and box is working now, but it seems I can only use one tuner of the two. Trying to get this problem sorted now...