PDA

View Full Version : Dish motor..hmmm???

YzMENTALzY
08-08-15, 04:01
Ok guys need some help please... As most of you know i have a Vu+Solo2 running sky and i am very bored with the channel selection on it so i gotmyself a 1M dish and would like to have a motorised setup which Motor would you say is the best bearing in mind im a total Noob at this... I have learnt alot and got immense help from the guys here at WoS so thanks for that...

Also would like to know what you guys think of the Alsat Supreme, any good? I have seen at sponsors site and im really edging towards it but need some help and is there anything else i would need for the setup other than a Steel wall mount and Motor? I have got everything seperate as it was working out cheaper for me the dish is a 1m.

Last question what satellites can i get from my area in south east england i have tried sites but couldnt understand at all so some light shed on this matter would be great..

Again guys thanks very much

djz46
08-08-15, 14:08
Personally i have a "Jack Arm" powering my dish as it runs on its own power and does not use the coax for power.

This means running a 4 core wire through to the motor into a "V box" but is not hard to do if you have something about you. The v box then stores all your positions up to 99.

The V box is about £50.

Or you can use a "usals" setup which uses the coax for power.

Also the Jack arm is very stable when it comes to strong winds!

As for Sats i would say you could pretty much pick everything up from 53e to 30w Probably even Nilesat 7w in the South east with a 1m dish.

YzMENTALzY
09-08-15, 02:19
Thanks for that but i have heard the the Alsat supreme is really good plus the sponsor sells it which if anything goes wrong then i can always get it fixed do you know much about them? As for satellites thanks for that i was ripping my hair out thinking i wont get much channels is there a way i can find out?

jasper1974
09-08-15, 03:06
Thanks for that but i have heard the the Alsat supreme is really good plus the sponsor sells it which if anything goes wrong then i can always get it fixed do you know much about them? As for satellites thanks for that i was ripping my hair out thinking i wont get much channels is there a way i can find out?

Ive got the alsat Supreme for my 1.1m dish and its a very very good motor im in north kent in the southeast of england and i can get nearly all sats from 42E to 30W can get some 7W transponders with SNR of around 55-60% but not many

Motor out the box had a little play in it when i first set it up but theres a white sticker on the side that if you peel back has a large hex nut and just had to tighten that a tiny 5th of a turn and now its perfect

Huevos
09-08-15, 09:41
Superior and Supreme are both good, double bearing motors.

A conventional wall mount (L-bracket) is no good for a motor as it can't be adjusted. You need T and K mounts.

And if you haven't got a proper meter (spectrum analyser) and are not technically minded you are going to need to factor in an installer to get it set up properly.

YzMENTALzY
09-08-15, 11:42
Thanks guys you guys are life savers any chance of getting Bien Sports? I wanna subscribe to that.... is a T-Mount or K Mount necessary or can i use a L Mount?

YzMENTALzY
09-08-15, 11:47
http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=201392396905&alt=web

Will that not be good enough

djz46
09-08-15, 12:20
If you know anyone who can make you a bracket then your on a winner.

If you go to http://en.kingofsat.net/satellites.php that gives you a list of all the Sats also with updated transpnders everyday.

When setting your dish up you need the azimuth position and elevation set correctly. http://www.uksatellitehelp.co.uk/2007/08/12/satellite-alignment-calculator-v2/

Then aim for 0.8w Thor. As this sat is at the "top of the arc" so to speak once you get that locked on you should not be far off the rest.

I would think you would get 7w nilesat as i said which has bein sports on.

YzMENTALzY
09-08-15, 12:44
Thanks for that

Huevos
09-08-15, 13:18
http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=201392396905&alt=web

Will that not be good enoughNo .

jasper1974
09-08-15, 13:31
You will need a official box for the bein sports and on 7w and even on my 1.1m Dish i cant get the frequencies where i am and i have a nice clear view of horizon and am in the north kent in SE England think even i would need 1.5m minimum to get it as there on the lower frequencies which are a lot harder to get on the beam there on

jasper1974
09-08-15, 13:40
Superior and Supreme are both good, double bearing motors.

A conventional wall mount (L-bracket) is no good for a motor as it can't be adjusted. You need T and K mounts.

And if you haven't got a proper meter (spectrum analyser) and are not technically minded you are going to need to factor in an installer to get it set up properly.

Agree you need to use a decent T&K Bracket with a good steel pole dont use aluminum as they have a tendency to bend/crumple as that would be your weak spot in high winds.

Ive set up 5 motorized dishes and not once have i used a sat meter or spectrum analyzer just as on all of them can see the tv from where ive installed them and so used the meter on the boxes to find signal and got them all perfectly aligned so it can be done without just might be a bit more time consuming

Huevos
09-08-15, 14:26
Ive set up 5 motorized dishes and not once have i used a sat meter or spectrum analyzerI do it for a living, and can't imagine setting up a dish without a meter. It would be difficult to explain to customers that I don't have the correct equipment to do the job so need to charge them for 5 times the labour.

Also without a spectrum you can only adjust once you have signal lock. With a spectrum you can see a satellite and recognize it without signal lock.

djz46
09-08-15, 14:34
As Jasper says you need a good solid pole with good u bolts (preferably stainless) I used some steam pipe and made my own bracket.

Make sure it is completely level when bolting to the wall too as this will save a lot of headaches.

djz46
09-08-15, 14:40
I do it for a living, and can't imagine setting up a dish without a meter. It would be difficult to explain to customers that I don't have the correct equipment to do the job so need to charge them for 5 times the labour.

Also without a spectrum you can only adjust once you have signal lock. With a spectrum you can see a satellite and recognize it without signal lock.

I never used a meter at all and found Sats without a problem.

I use a free app called dmsatfinder it links to the box from your phone and gives the exact reading what is on the receiver snr and agc and even channel name! so you can fine tune. (obviously it has to be wi-fi enabled)

Huevos
09-08-15, 14:53
the exact reading what is on the receiver snr and agc and even channel name! so you can fine tune.That is exactly what I am saying. You need signal lock before you start to adjust. Before that you are just working blind.

djz46
09-08-15, 15:13
Well you can use a meter if you want. I suppose most would.

YzMENTALzY
09-08-15, 19:15
Can you link me to something better?

Like a pole and brackets for a 1M dish i have just got the Supreme motor so just need bracket iv searched around to no avail

djz46
09-08-15, 19:23
T&K Brackets here, speak to Tony hes a great chap. For some reason it won't let me post the link (remove spaces)

[Mod] Link removed. Please read the forum rules.

5. No links are to be posted to other commercial satellite retailers other than our site sponsors.

jasper1974
09-08-15, 23:50
Just go to any tv aerial shop and they should have them find loads in any area with yell.com or even ebay depending how quick you want dish up

Just remember to buy a decent pole to go between thats the right diameter think it should be 2" minimum really

YzMENTALzY
10-08-15, 04:38
Can you PM link please would be helpful... i tried ebay no luck tbh just normal L shaped crap

jasper1974
10-08-15, 13:20
Can you PM link please would be helpful... i tried ebay no luck tbh just normal L shaped crap

just go to eBay and in the search type " t and k bracket pole " then you will find both the T&K Bracket and the pole you need i did post a link but it was taken off even though it followed the forum rules as the seller only sells aerial and dish accessories and isn't a satellite retailer

YzMENTALzY
10-08-15, 18:47
Cant find 2inch pole tbh

jasper1974
10-08-15, 18:57
Cant find 2inch pole tbh

Normally stated as a 50mm pole ( depends if you work in mm or inches ) if you look on ebay with search i recommended above you will see on the listing the 12" 18" and 24" t&K brackets ( they sell a 32mm pole too thin in my opinion) and also listing says they can do steel poles that are 2" just have to message them.

Saying that theres hundreds of 50mm steel poles on eBay if you do a search

jasper1974
10-08-15, 19:01
just search for "50mm Galvanised Steel Tube" lot cheaper than the person selling the T&K Brackets

walshman
10-08-15, 19:55
I have t & k brackets with a 6" length of scaffold pole Technomate steel cog motor and a Tirax 110 cm dish its very sturdy .

stevesom
10-08-15, 20:04
Yes scaffolding pole have a look around your area take an adjustable spanner with you:cool:
i had t and k brackets off the bay :thumbsup:

YzMENTALzY
11-08-15, 01:26
U guys are life savers il post pics up when im done to show how it went thanks again

YzMENTALzY
11-08-15, 01:35
Found a 48.3mm pole would that be good enough or does it have to be exactly 2inch? 48mm is just under 2inch to be fair?

YzMENTALzY
11-08-15, 02:35
Also will 900mm length be enough if i want dish to be above the guttering so it can turn freely without hitting the wall?

Huevos
11-08-15, 10:16
Get longer T and K brackets and the dish won't run into the wall. 24 inch T and K brackets are pretty common. If you put the motor above the gutter on a pole it will be difficult/ impossible to fine adjust.

jasper1974
11-08-15, 11:45
Get longer T and K brackets and the dish won't run into the wall. 24 inch T and K brackets are pretty common. If you put the motor above the gutter on a pole it will be difficult/ impossible to fine adjust.

Totally agree with Huevos

jasper1974
11-08-15, 11:54
Found a 48.3mm pole would that be good enough or does it have to be exactly 2inch? 48mm is just under 2inch to be fair?

That will be absolutly fine as long as its steel and more than 3mm thick

As others have said a bit of scaffolding pipe is excellent

Also will 900mm length be enough if i want dish to be above the guttering so it can turn freely without hitting the wall?

The longer the pole the thicker the metal needs to be.

The best way to mount a motor is between the T & K brackets. I personally us 2 18" brackets with about a 50cm pole with the motor halfway between the 2 brackets this gives my 1.1m dish plenty of room to move ( wall is south facing anyway) and even in the strongest winds over the last couple of years dish hasn't moved out of position in the slightest just make sure everything is level and as tightly done up as possible

YzMENTALzY
11-08-15, 13:45
Great you guys are so knowledgable when it comes to these things im soo stupid i was looking at worse case Scenario

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

YzMENTALzY
11-08-15, 17:04
That will be absolutly fine as long as its steel and more than 3mm thick

As others have said a bit of scaffolding pipe is excellent

The longer the pole the thicker the metal needs to be.

The best way to mount a motor is between the T & K brackets. I personally us 2 18" brackets with about a 50cm pole with the motor halfway between the 2 brackets this gives my 1.1m dish plenty of room to move ( wall is south facing anyway) and even in the strongest winds over the last couple of years dish hasn't moved out of position in the slightest just make sure everything is level and as tightly done up as possible
You see the problem with mine is that my wall is facing east where i want the dish does that make any difference

YzMENTALzY
11-08-15, 18:58
Sorry i meant my dish points south east

YzMENTALzY
11-08-15, 19:00
My wall faces east north east apparently

Joe_90
11-08-15, 22:45
Assuming ENE, that is an azimuth of 67.5 degrees. Assuming you're in the UK (confirm please), you may be able to turn the dish 90 degrees East (left) or 90 degrees West (right) before the house wall obstructs the view. Most motors will only turn 60 - 70 degrees East or West in any case. You are not in a good spot to align the dish due South (180 degrees) which is the normal setup. You could possibly get 150ish degrees by turning the motor and mount all the way to the right on initial setup. You really need to get to a South facing wall for mounting. Even with careful tweaking, on the current position you are only going to get satellites to the East of your location. If in the UK, then maybe from 21E to 60E.

YzMENTALzY
12-08-15, 00:18
Yes im in UK ...i thought so... Thanks so much for your input im in ENE as my compass on my phone says say if i put dish higher than my wall would that help? I ordered everything which worked out alot cheaper than the motorised packs...

The problem is if i put it on a south sided wall then i cant get 28.2E to work because even then my wall will obstruct it... My plan is to get it higher than the wall near the roof so it can freely move the 160 degrees or so

jasper1974
12-08-15, 02:06
Yes im in UK ...i thought so... Thanks so much for your input im in ENE as my compass on my phone says say if i put dish higher than my wall would that help? I ordered everything which worked out alot cheaper than the motorised packs...

The problem is if i put it on a south sided wall then i cant get 28.2E to work because even then my wall will obstruct it... My plan is to get it higher than the wall near the roof so it can freely move the 160 degrees or so

With south facing wall i can easily turn dish from 42E to 45W without it getting near my wall.

If your on a ENE wall then i don't think you will get ANY W satellites without going above the roof now there's a few thing to consider when going above the roof:

1) Fixing dish up will be more trouble some as will any maintenance
2) The Wind load on the dish for example a 50mph wind on a 1M dish can easily exert over a Tonne of pressure on the pole and fixings
3) The Higher up the pole above the fixings the wind load will multiply VERY VERY quickly

So my Advice to you would be to

1) Make sure you buy a Good quality dish as the last thing you want after paying out all your hard earned money is the dish to buckle because it was a cheap dish and poorly made
2) Make sure you have some Very strong quality Fixings holding a Thick and Hefty Galvanized steel Pole.
3) Get a proper fully insured fitter in to do the installation as the last thing you need is something going wrong the dish blowing down and damaging someones property or worse it hitting someone as if its not fitted by a professional i doubt you will get any insurance to EVER pay out. (let alone the damage to your own property). Exactly why a professional installation is not cheap and can run into the £££'s

Better still get some decent stand off T&K brackets (18" or 24") and mount it to a south facing wall or if you have a south facing garden look to see if you have a clear view from your garden and pole mount it into the ground

YzMENTALzY
12-08-15, 02:21
Thanks i have a 1m maxx digital dish which is quite sturdy and i have spoken to a local fitter who has been doing it for 15+ years said i can get W channels so i guess im gonna have to see

jasper1974
12-08-15, 02:29
Thanks i have a 1m maxx digital dish which is quite sturdy and i have spoken to a local fitter who has been doing it for 15+ years said i can get W channels so i guess im gonna have to see

Dish is a reasonable make so no problems with that

You will get west channels if going above the gutter not a problem would only be if you were mounting below you would have difficulties.

Local fitter with that much experience will certainly know what his doing so your be fine was only if you were doing a DIY job that you would have had more difficulties

judge
12-08-15, 02:35
and i have spoken to a local fitter who has been doing it for 15+ years said i can get W channels so i guess im gonna have to see

Never believe a local installer...

jasper1974
12-08-15, 02:50
Never believe a local installer...

Very cynical although very true :thumbsup::thumbsup: Anybody can say they have been doing anything for any amount of time always best to use someone who you know or you can at least validate all reputable installers should be CAI registered which is easily checkable

YzMENTALzY
12-08-15, 12:05
So above the gutter it is eh?

Joe_90
12-08-15, 12:10
My motorised dish is on a South facing wall and receives from 56E to 58W (although 58W is gone now). As long as your T & K brackets are long enough you should have enough standoff for a 1.1 - 1.2m dish. I had plenty of clearance with my 1.1m dish. The wind load on 1m+ dish is very high and mounting it on a pole above the gutter line is not a good idea as the wind can sweep down the roof. Also, as Huevos said in an earlier post, fine adjusting the motor and dish would be very difficult unless you have a stable platform to work from. Additionally, mounting the brackets that high on the wall (near the wall plate), particularly into brick may cause cracks in the structure - ideally the pole and dish would fold before the masonry does :eek:

YzMENTALzY
12-08-15, 14:22
So what would be the best bet then? I have had advice from lot of people some say put it in the ground but my south facing wall is my garden wall and there are fences on either side im guessing it will interfere with the signal no? I have a 1m dish btw

YzMENTALzY
12-08-15, 17:39
Latitude:51.521928051° 31' 18.94'' N
Longitude:-0.57916800° 34' 45.00'' W
Elevation:31.00 m

Thats my long lat etc can one of you helpful lot use that to help me with what sats i can get with a 1M dish motorised. I would be greatful. I have checked Satbeams but its going straight over my head also if you can help me with what would be the best option for installation to get most satellites as possible

djz46
12-08-15, 17:53
I think your best just letting a installer put the dish up. Any decent one will know where you can get maximum coverage with a 1m dish.

YzMENTALzY
13-08-15, 00:22
Hmm iv had a thought but dont know if it will work. Say i put my dish up on south facing wall (Garden) and leave my sky dish up just for local veiwing for sly so i use 1LNB for sky and other for motorised dish would that be worth a try because my south facing wall i can defo get covarage of 0.8w going east but will lose out on 28.2e

YzMENTALzY
13-08-15, 11:52
Anyone?

djz46
13-08-15, 13:46
Will your sky dish be on a different wall to the motorised dish is that what your saying?

jasper1974
13-08-15, 15:06
Hmm iv had a thought but dont know if it will work. Say i put my dish up on south facing wall (Garden) and leave my sky dish up just for local veiwing for sly so i use 1LNB for sky and other for motorised dish would that be worth a try because my south facing wall i can defo get covarage of 0.8w going east but will lose out on 28.2e

What direction does the rear of the house face??? assuming East from your co-ordinates when entered into google maps.

If your house is on the even number side of road Can you not cement a 6ft high ground pole in garden????? or even with T&K straight on to front of house

If your house is on the odd numbers side of road then from your properties back wall looking out at garden you will get 28E with a 18-24" T&K Bracket

YzMENTALzY
13-08-15, 15:10
The rear of the house faces directly south the front of house faces ENE thats the problem

jasper1974
13-08-15, 15:20
My motorised dish is on a South facing wall and receives from 56E to 58W (although 58W is gone now). As long as your T & K brackets are long enough you should have enough standoff for a 1.1 - 1.2m dish. I had plenty of clearance with my 1.1m dish. The wind load on 1m+ dish is very high and mounting it on a pole above the gutter line is not a good idea as the wind can sweep down the roof. Also, as Huevos said in an earlier post, fine adjusting the motor and dish would be very difficult unless you have a stable platform to work from. Additionally, mounting the brackets that high on the wall (near the wall plate), particularly into brick may cause cracks in the structure - ideally the pole and dish would fold before the masonry does :eek:

I pointed this out earlier dont think people realise the amount of windload big dishes can create on the fixings and the property itself

As a pause for thought for people a 1m sold dish with 60MPH gusts of wind can create up to 4 tonnes (momentarily with constant of about 0.75 tonne) of load on the fixings now if your dish is mounted higher than between the brackets up a pole that gets magnified so even at 3 feet above the mountings that can create almost 14 tonnes (momentarily with constant of about 3 tonne) of pressure on everything. Mesh dishes reduce load by approximately 40% upto 50mph wind any stronger than that and there wind loads are the same as solid dishes

Often in strong winds TV aerials blow down yet there surface area is a fraction on a dish.

Hence why its never good idea to mount such a big dish above a gutter line.

jasper1974
13-08-15, 15:23
The rear of the house faces directly south the front of house faces ENE thats the problem

How is a south facing rear a problem its the best you can get for a motorized system

YzMENTALzY
13-08-15, 15:26
No i meant if i put it in front of house thats the problem because south i wont be able to get 28.2e or it will be very very difficult to

jasper1974
13-08-15, 15:29
No i meant if i put it in front of house thats the problem because south i wont be able to get 28.2e or it will be very very difficult to

Why would you want it mounted on front of house when rear of house is best option and also would mean its not visible to everyone

YzMENTALzY
13-08-15, 15:34
I dont want it in the front but i wont be able to get uk sly channels in the back which would be a problem

djz46
13-08-15, 15:36
That is exactly what i was thinking, hence why i asked the question is the sky dish mounted on a different wall. If your rear facing wall is south like you say there will be no problem getting 28.2

YzMENTALzY
13-08-15, 15:38
Either i wont be able to get them or it would be very very difficult to actually get the 28.2 signal

djz46
13-08-15, 15:39
Where is your sky dish located now? On the rear of the house?

jasper1974
13-08-15, 18:08
cant see any reason not to get 28e on a south facing wall it the easiest and best facing wall to fit a dish on. we cant see your property so were all doing this blind so we need to know why you wont get 28e from your south facing wall

As DJZ46 has asked a couple of times but not got an answer what wall is your current sky dish on???

got to dishpointer website type in your postcode and place the x on the rear of your property and then select 28E and see the line of sight you need and that will tell you what direction the satellite is in and if there is anything in the way

jasper1974
13-08-15, 18:21
Very confusing when you keep giving us different information you say back is south front is north but in an earlier post you told us the wall was ENE so unless you live in a triangle i dont get your orientation do you know what direction either wall actually is as we have 63 posts of information but lots of contradicting information from you.

your longitude and latitude shows you having either a east or west facing garden depending what side of the road your house is on.

can you please answer these questions???

1) what wall is your sky dish on
2) looking out into rear garden what direction is that n,s,e,w

djz46
13-08-15, 19:29
jasper looking at his co-ordinates i think he will have to have the dish above the gutter on the north facing wall (gable end) to get the best.

He could have the dish on the rear wall but would not get 28.2e he would just about get 4.8e if he's lucky. Anything west he's got the lot.

I think his sky dish (fixed) is on the front wall now.

Defo above the gutter though even on rear wall would be a pain in the bum because does not look like a clear arc as the dish would have to stand off the wall a fair bit.

YzMENTALzY
13-08-15, 19:43
Ok sorry to be a idiot im using Tapatalk lol

Ok here goes my sly dish is at the front wall which is facing ENE my Back wall is facing WSW

I used a dishpointer app which shows i can get all west but some east like 13e etc.

Hope this sorts the confusion

jasper1974
13-08-15, 19:53
sorts out a lot of confusion so garden wall is not south like you been saying at all westerly.

Leaves you with 2 options

1) If no massive trees in rear garden ground pole mount at bottom of garden
2) Get a fully insured fitter in to do i as if that bugger falls off from above the gutter your going to have one lovely large liability bill to pay with that path so close and all them cars about

YzMENTALzY
13-08-15, 19:56
Front Garden or Back Garden?

jasper1974
13-08-15, 19:58
Front Garden or Back Garden?

From your coordinates are you on odd number houses or even

If even then rear garden

YzMENTALzY
13-08-15, 19:59
So no point putting it on the wall then is it? Better off mounting it on Pole in Garden? Plus my neighbours have fences will they make a difference?

YzMENTALzY
13-08-15, 20:00
Yep im in even houses if i PM you my address it may be alot easier

jasper1974
13-08-15, 20:18
So no point putting it on the wall then is it? Better off mounting it on Pole in Garden? Plus my neighbours have fences will they make a difference?

From everything that's been said you must be on even side so as wall is facing west there isnt really much gain putting it on wall as from the front of house you would get 28E to maybe 13E but by putting it on rear wall you would not get 28E-16E possible get 13E.

6ft Ground pole by the northern fence in garden would be high enough to get signals over a 12ft fence the other side of garden so wouldn't matter about neighbors fences have sent you a pic via pm to show what i am on about

YzMENTALzY
13-08-15, 22:09
Thats great thanks for that .. So if i put it in the middle of my garden i should be ok or does it have to be on the left right next to the fence?

Joe_90
14-08-15, 11:48
From what I can see of your location you are in a terrace? Unless you are on an end house you can't locate the dish on a gable wall (like the neighbour about 3/4 doors away). The SKY dishes on your terrace are almost edge-on to the front wall, which tallies with your description of facing ENE, so you would be unable to get much further west than maybe 19E or 16E. Your view to the eastern horizon is pretty good - maybe all the way to 60E. If you mount high up on the rear wall of the property, then you would get from 16/19E and everything west of that. If you put it on the rear garden wall which is roughly SSE you probably will have obstructions from the trees in the south west and your own house to the east. Either stick to those satellites west of 16/19E (on the back of the house) or get a survey done by a professional installer. You may want to check if there are local council restrictions on placing a 1m dish on the front of your property - you may get away with having it on the rear.

YzMENTALzY
14-08-15, 18:29
Iv already got it surveyed today and was told best bet is in the garden with a pole on ground which would be alot better so i can get all the satelites with no problems

Joe_90
14-08-15, 19:37
You're sorted so!

YzMENTALzY
15-08-15, 00:43
I guess until i run into some problem lol thanks guys

YzMENTALzY
20-08-15, 14:12
Hey guys quick question would i need a LNB or can i connect the Coaxial Cable to the motor and that would just work?

Joe_90
20-08-15, 18:35
That should be ok. I recall testing a motor like that. You just want to check it going to zero and moving between sat positions, I presume?

YzMENTALzY
20-08-15, 22:32
So i dont really need a LNB?

Joe_90
20-08-15, 22:55
Well you do if you want to receive anything. I thought you just wanted to play with moving the motor to see what happened when you used satfinder. Are you really up for the complexities of setting up and using a motor?

jasper1974
21-08-15, 00:45
Well you do if you want to receive anything. I thought you just wanted to play with moving the motor to see what happened when you used satfinder. Are you really up for the complexities of setting up and using a motor?

Been wondering that myself since about page 2 of this thread its been like pulling teeth at times :roflmao:

Couldn't have put it better.

YzMENTALzY
21-08-15, 02:48
Im.sorry but im a noob so was just askin so i can use 1 Coaxial to push motor and the other for LNB

jasper1974
21-08-15, 02:57
coaxial goes from box to motor in and then another lead from motor out to the lnb

YzMENTALzY
21-08-15, 17:54
Thank you

YzMENTALzY
21-08-15, 21:43
Last question before i take the jump lol (u guys must be fed up by now)

If i want to use the Coaxial for twin tuning can i get the motor to move without using both tuners? I know this may be a dopey question for u guys but please bear with me my plan is to get the LNB and use two Coaxials for twin tuner on my SOLO2 and try somehow to get motor to move without losing the twin tuner side of things

DaMacFunkin
22-08-15, 07:17
Twin tuner setup:
One cable will run to the motor from tuner A on the box and then a cable will run from motor to 1 port on LNB, set all this up as Tuner A positioner or whatever protocol you intend to use. Now run a cable from tuner B to second port on LNB, set this as second cable on motorised.
What this set up will give you is twin tuner access to the same satellite. On a twin motorised setup one tuner is master, the other is slave, you can't have one tuner tuned to one satellite and the other tuner tuned to another satellite, they both can only tune to the same satellite at any one time.

YzMENTALzY
22-08-15, 10:19
I understand that i was thinking i lose one tuner because its to move the motor but i understand thats fine np thanks