PDA

View Full Version : Can someone clever explain a maintenance-free way of setting up picons please?

steveharman
07-08-15, 13:47
I've been using picons on our GBuad for a couple of years,

When I first started with OpenVix I read about how to put the images on an external USB stick and voila the picons appeared - great. Recently I noticed there was a picons section in plugins so installed them from there instead, thinking that any updates would therefore be detected by software update and I could pull down changes.

But the update dates of picons in plugins don't seem to have any resemblance to the picons listed at http://openvix.co.uk/index.php?dir=%2A%2A%2APicons%2A%2A%2A/Ocram/ which seem bang up to date.

What (if any) is the best way to 'set and forget' my picons configuration so any available changes are automatically / semi-automatically fetched down to my receiver?

Yours,

Confused of Suffolk.

Andy_Hazza
07-08-15, 13:54
Picons unfortunately do require some form of maintenance. You are best looking at the SNP ones, easier to maintain. Look on openvix.co.uk (downloads section). The MK (400x200) are nice ones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

steveharman
07-08-15, 14:12
Picons unfortunately do require some form of maintenance. You are best looking at the SNP ones, easier to maintain. Look on openvix.co.uk (downloads section). The MK (400x200) are nice ones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brilliant, thanks Andy - that's all I needed to know. :-)

Cheers,

Steve