PDA

View Full Version : Hdmi query

afterburn
06-08-15, 23:17
I have set up a few receivers for friends on my own full HD set . I have hit a problem a few times because their tvs aren't full HD. I know i need to change the output but because i can't see anything on their set I have to bring it back to my house to change it. I suppose i could set it up at 720 and then upgrade if they have a better TV or Is their an easier way?

ronand
07-08-15, 00:33
You could set it up for 1080i as no TV is broadcast in 1080P (its only used for playing back mkvs etc). You should be able to use the front lcd as a display to change the option anyway depending on the receiver (will work even on the uno/duo etc). Or you could use openwebif to control the receiver from a laptop (it shows a screenshot when you use the "remote control" feature. There should not be any need to bring the receiver home in any case.

judge
07-08-15, 00:42
Just use the default values in FIW, will work on most TVs.

afterburn
07-08-15, 19:06
The box is a zero so unfortunately there is no display. The openwebif fix looks the one cheers.

afterburn
07-08-15, 19:07
Just use the default values in FIW, will work on most TVs.

Not quite sure what FIW is mate.:confused:

Joe_90
07-08-15, 19:47
First (time) Install Wizard. The old-timers experienced users tend to use TLA's a lot. (Three Letter Acronyms). During the install the box cycles through various display options, SCART, HDMI and Component video. You should be safe with using 720p as a default for a HD-ready set. They would all support this resolution. So if you're setting up a lot of receivers, this would be safe. Maybe you should start charging for the service ;)

afterburn
07-08-15, 21:35
First (time) Install Wizard. The old-timers experienced users tend to use TLA's a lot. (Three Letter Acronyms). During the install the box cycles through various display options, SCART, HDMI and Component video. You should be safe with using 720p as a default for a HD-ready set. They would all support this resolution. So if you're setting up a lot of receivers, this would be safe. Maybe you should start charging for the service ;)
Thanks tony. the thing about charging is people then expect you to be at their beck and call 24/7. The problem I had was I had nothing on the screen at all so I couldn't access the menu. I think using 720p is the way to go and then move up to whatever their set supports.:thumbsup: