PDA

View Full Version : usb flashing box

cactikid
06-08-15, 15:18
i have the et 10000 and want to reflash box,micro usb in rear for epg now formatted,box is a tight spot and not easily gettable to remove from unit.should i have issues with doing a new usb flash as nothing is on rear?
thanks.

Andy_Hazza
06-08-15, 15:47
I would put epg to your hdd, no need to use a usb for epg.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cactikid
06-08-15, 16:02
ok found out it wont flash if second usb in rear and using front port,removed rear usb added extension cable and box flashes,cheers andy i always liked my epg to usb ,easier for me if i have issues and have to reformat:eek::thumbsup:

Willmoore
06-08-15, 16:06
I would put epg to your hdd, no need to use a usb for epg.

I'm always surprised there is not a definitive answer to this - some knowledgeable people (such as yourself Andy) say there is no need to put it on a usb whilst others say you should - confusing for dummies like me.:confused:

cactikid
06-08-15, 16:11
and when box has no hdd no option but usb and always done it that way even if box has a hdd.

Andy_Hazza
06-08-15, 16:14
Unless you are confusing yourself with picons?
EPG - If you have an internal hard drive use this for EPG data. If no hard drive option then usb is suffice. DO NOT STORE EPG DATA TO INTERNAL FLASH!!! Reason not to store epg data to hard drive is easy for epg data to get corrupted.
Picons - Internal Flash (if sufficient space) or usb is ideal. I RECOMMEND NOT TO STORE PICONS TO HARD DRIVE. Reasons - Hard Drive constant spinning and lag.

cactikid
06-08-15, 16:19
when i first got my duo i did not know about where epg went and many times had to get box reflashed,simple things get overlooked cheers andy.

never got round to picons,maybe i will.

Andy_Hazza
06-08-15, 16:28
when i first got my duo i did not know about where epg went and many times had to get box reflashed,simple things get overlooked cheers andy.

never got round to picons,maybe i will.

The MK Picons (400x200) are fab with the Bello, Confluence or YouViX-Blue skin (also green, purple n red available), really do compliment one another nicely. [emoji106]🏼

cactikid
06-08-15, 16:32
ha ha only got the original skins but fate is tempting me to dabble:D

Andy_Hazza
06-08-15, 16:39
ha ha only got the original skins but fate is tempting me to dabble:D

I still like the ViX HD Day skin and have that installed on my Vu+ Uno. [emoji4]

Larry-G
06-08-15, 16:42
I'm always surprised there is not a definitive answer to this - some knowledgeable people (such as yourself Andy) say there is no need to put it on a usb whilst others say you should - confusing for dummies like me.:confused:

It has been stated numerous times here that the EPG is held in the cache and only read from or saved to its storage medium (USB or HDD) at boot up / shutdown or when updating the EPG. It therefore makes no difference what so ever where you save the EPG to, I personally save it to the HDD on ALL receivers that have one and only use a USB stick if there is no HDD attached to the receiver.

Larry-G
06-08-15, 16:44
It has been stated numerous times here that the EPG is held in the cache and only read from or saved to its storage medium (USB or HDD) at boot up / shutdown or when updating the EPG. It therefore makes no difference what so ever where you save the EPG to, I personally save it to the HDD on ALL receivers that have one and only use a USB stick if there is no HDD attached to the receiver.

Forgot to say that the only place you should not store the EPG to is the internal flash, otherwise the above is accurate.