PDA

View Full Version : HD Channels Suddenly stopped working

Sontawila
03-08-15, 18:00
Hi all,

I have a VU+ Duo2 with an official subscription to myHD package that came with an irdeto card and a CAM to be used with it.

Everything was working fine until a few days back where suddenly my HD subscribed channels only show black screen and no sound (and on rare occasions give a "tuner failed message". Other SD channels are working fine, so is free HD channels.

I noticed that those channels no more give me a message to indicate they are paid channels (asking to insert a card) or anything, just a black screen irrespective if the CAM is inserted or not. Also, I can see that EPG is working fine with current progress bar reflecting the program showing.

I had an updated VIX image and what I did so far trying to fix this:

- Did a factory reset
- Installed latest version of BH
- Installed latest version of official VU+ image
- Tried different tuner and cable
- Each time re-scanned for new channels
- Called the TV service provider to ensure I still have a valid subscription

So far nothing have worked for me and here I am hoping to find a solution for this :)

Thanks guys.

DaMacFunkin
03-08-15, 19:20
It could be you need to update your card entitlements in an official receiver, could also be that the package has gone on to card pairing and will only work in an official irdeto receiver. What country is irdeto?

ronand
03-08-15, 19:47
If you are getting "tune failed" then its a reception issue. The transponder frequencies may have changed or the beam may have been altered. You don't specify which satellite it is on or your location & dish size.

Sontawila
03-08-15, 22:08
Hi all and thanks for the reply.

I've checked my subscription and everything is ok as per the service provider. There is no change in freq or anything since I have another receiver at home (humax) with another subscription and there is no problem with it.

The channels appears on both Nile sat and Arab sat and I tried both sets with the same result which led me to belive its something with the Vu+.