PDA

View Full Version : VU+ SE v2 Image problem

gear259
02-08-15, 22:05
Hi

one of the three boxes recieved from WOS was not flashed properly and was sent with a non working official VU image that won't load past boot screen. I've tried contacting them for support but are on summer holidays which is really annoying because I have client waiting.

I'm not new to this and have flashed dozens of boxes (duo, zero, solo2 with vix etc) , but this one won't play ball, not even bootloader flash. Just skips past flash process (via working fat32 usb).

Any suggestions peeps?

gear259
23-11-15, 23:18
Hi

one of the three boxes recieved from WOS was not flashed properly and was sent with a non working official VU image that won't load past boot screen. I've tried contacting them for support but are on summer holidays which is really annoying because I have client waiting.

I'm not new to this and have flashed dozens of boxes (duo, zero, solo2 with vix etc) , but this one won't play ball, not even bootloader flash. Just skips past flash process (via working fat32 usb).

Any suggestions peeps?

Found the problem to be that the box had VU Experimental Firmware installed, not VIX and that it had no driver for the LAN which caused the box to instantly crash out on boot. Removing network cable allowed me to then reflash.