PDA

View Full Version : WLAN set up

jjbell7
02-08-15, 18:57
Hello, I cant seem to get a wireless connection. I have set up using WLAN wizard but when i do a test there is no connection.

It may be my wireless signal strength. When i leave my Wireless network state on in the background whilst i watch tv it will flash up on the screen for a second or two that i have a wireless connection. It seems either my router or my Duo2 are not pairing because of signal strength (just a guess). Any ideas to fix this? many thanks

jasper1974
03-08-15, 16:06
1)how far away from box is wireless router
2) if you place your mobile phone where the box is how strong a wifi signal does your mobile pick up

jjbell7
03-08-15, 22:26
1)how far away from box is wireless router
2) if you place your mobile phone where the box is how strong a wifi signal does your mobile pick up

Hello again, my box is about 8 feet from my router.

I'm one of these strange people that doesn't have a smart phone but my ipad picks up my home wifi ok but it's 4G so i don't know which one is working when i use it, thanks

mobileman
03-08-15, 23:04
Could you not just run an rj45 cable anyway or home plugs as both are much more reliable than wireless

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jasper1974
04-08-15, 01:05
Hello again, my box is about 8 feet from my router.

I'm one of these strange people that doesn't have a smart phone but my ipad picks up my home wifi ok but it's 4G so i don't know which one is working when i use it, thanks

Well you have an iPad so thats as good as having a smartphone just go into the iPads settings and disable the mobile network and then connect via the WiFi that will let you know if the WiFi is working in that area.

As mobileman said you would be so much better off using a Ethernet (personally hate home-plugs as too temperamental) especially as its only 8ft away not much in the way of wires to have to hide.