PDA

View Full Version : [ABM-DVB-S/S2] BT Ultra channel

john doe
02-08-15, 14:48
is this available through ABM?

Andy_Hazza
02-08-15, 15:45
is this available through ABM?

No. You would need a 4K receiver anyhow n non are available at present. Luckily I have a BT Ultra HD receiver and must say the footy is looking pretty god damn good. [emoji106]🏼

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

john doe
02-08-15, 15:50
cheers. let hope these 4k receivers hit market soon

thisntaht
02-08-15, 15:50
Would you have the frequency details for the current Chelsea v Arsenal match?

john doe
02-08-15, 16:02
Would you have the frequency details for the current Chelsea v Arsenal match?

on BT sports 2 or BT ports 2 HD

thisntaht
02-08-15, 16:03
on BT sports 2 or BT ports 2 HD

For the UHD?

Andy_Hazza
02-08-15, 16:09
No frequency details shown as far as I can see. Its Internet Connection based so its IPTV?

thisntaht
02-08-15, 16:21
No frequency details shown as far as I can see. Its Internet Connection based so its IPTV?

What sort of Internet speeds would you need to comfortably stream 4K without buffering?
I wonder how long it will be before all TV is streamed? 2025 maybe?

Andy_Hazza
02-08-15, 16:25
I was told 45MB by BT. I have BT Infinity 2 and comfortably get 70MB d/l and 25MB u/l.
I think its gonna head that way (streaming), dunno when but defo going that way I think.

thisntaht
02-08-15, 16:39
I was told 45MB by BT. I have BT Infinity 2 and comfortably get 70MB d/l and 25MB u/l.
I think its gonna head that way (streaming), dunno when but defo going that way I think.

I agree, SD will be phased out and HD will become the SD with UHD becoming the HD. In Ireland Siro is currently in progress.
It's a joint venture company between the Irish electricity supply board (ESB) and Vodafone to deliver a 100% fibre-to-the-building broadband network, with speeds of up to 1000Mbps.
With even half those speeds 4K could be streamed in every room in the house without issue.
Will satellite tv go completely and be replaced by IPTV (By the big providers) when a country is covered with high speed internet? Sure hope so.
Altho some parts of the country are still unable to get 1mbps never mind 1000mbps

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gkFVhUfGy0c&feature=youtu.be

Andy_Hazza
02-08-15, 16:44
I agree, SD will be phased out and HD will become the SD with UHD becoming the HD. In Ireland Siro is currently in progress.
It's a joint venture company between the Irish electricity supply board (ESB) and Vodafone to deliver a 100% fibre-to-the-building broadband network, with speeds of up to 1000Mbps.
With even half those speeds 4K could be streamed in every room in the house without issue.
Will satellite tv go completely and be replaced by IPTV (By the big providers) when a country is covered with high speed internet? Sure hope so.
Altho some parts of the country are still unable to get 1mbps never mind 1000mbps

Yeah thats the key, rural areas still on 1Meg. lol. I'd like to see proper cable in my area. With BT Infinity, box to house is still copper, surely BT will replace that eventually? Virgin are financing a 2billion pound project to get another 2million homes cabled, so maybe a chance here yet!!