PDA

View Full Version : Newbie Needing Help

jjbell7
02-08-15, 11:28
Hello all,

I wasn't sure where to post but here goes. I have VU+ duo2 with openvix. I have my box connected via a WLAN cable to my router. Is there a way to connect wirelessly? How do i get terrestrial on demand like bbc iplayer, itv, ch 5 etc.? I have just installed a 2 TB hard drive which is great but some information is missing on my EPG, can i fix this with a new EPG?. I know there is a lot of questions but any feedback is appreciated, thanks.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Bazzer
02-08-15, 11:40
More info required , which image build would help .

jasper1974
02-08-15, 12:10
I wasn't sure where to post but here goes. I have VU+ duo2 with openvix.

1) Which Version Of VIX?

I have my box connected via a WLAN cable to my router. Is there a way to connect wirelessly?

2) You mean your connected via Ethernet as WLAN is wireless? If you have setup the WLAN in network setting then you dont need the wire.

How do i get terrestrial on demand like bbc iplayer, itv, ch 5 etc.?

3)Kodi Plugin will get you a form of BBC iplayer but there are no real ways to get the on demand from terestrial.

I have just installed a 2 TB hard drive which is great but some information is missing on my EPG, can i fix this with a new EPG?.

4) Try going into sytem settings - EPG delete old epg data and rescan

jjbell7
02-08-15, 13:25
Hello, can i find out which VIX using my remote, yes meant ethernet cable, I have Kodidirect- i have somehow managed to update and install iplayer and itv only from a list. Tried setup-system-epg-delete-load. There is still loads of program listings missing from my epg. How do i rescan as I can't see that option, it's strange but if epg is missing I've discovered if i put that channel on my tv then press epg it fills in the gap.

jasper1974
02-08-15, 13:38
Hello, can i find out which VIX using my remote, yes meant ethernet cable, I have Kodidirect- i have somehow managed to update and install iplayer and itv only from a list. Tried setup-system-epg-delete-load. There is still loads of program listings missing from my epg. How do i rescan as I can't see that option, it's strange but if epg is missing I've discovered if i put that channel on my tv then press epg it fills in the gap.

to find vix version it menu-information-about

once you delete EPG data you then need to got to crossepg iand under providers select sky uk and then download the epg from inside crossepg

jjbell7
02-08-15, 13:54
to find vix version it menu-information-about

once you delete EPG data you then need to got to crossepg iand under providers select sky uk and then download the epg from inside crossepg

Fantastic, now i have full EPG thanks. Virtuosso Image Xtreme, Version- Hades, Build- Hades. Can i set up wirelessly so i dont have a cable running across my room, thanks

jasper1974
02-08-15, 14:19
what build number hades?

Yest go menu-setup-system-network-device setup

in there you will find WLAN just just press blue key for network wizard to setup the wireless

jjbell7
02-08-15, 15:11
what build number hades?

Yest go menu-setup-system-network-device setup

in there you will find WLAN just just press blue key for network wizard to setup the wireless

Sorry meant to say, Build-018

I have tried the WLAN wizard and it said i'm connected to network, i put my password in on my network but when i unplug LAN my tv goes off. I dont know if i have to change any settings, encryption-wep, wpa etc. Show WLAN staus- SSID- no connection

jjbell7
02-08-15, 16:57
OK, it may be my wireless signal strength. When i leave my Wireless network state on in the background whilst i watch tv it will flash up on the screen for a second or two that i have a wireless connection. It seems either my router or my Duo2 are not pairing because of signal strength. Any ideas to fix this? many thanks