PDA

View Full Version : Urgent help needed

peteb2428
31-07-15, 14:27
Hi All.

Received via my Mutant today but cant get any output VIA HDMI to TV?

Any ideas?

rossi2000
31-07-15, 14:36
have you plugged into the right hdmi port?
there is 2 of them IN and OUT.

you will need to use the OUT one.

peteb2428
31-07-15, 14:38
yes nothing

peteb2428
31-07-15, 14:40
yes nothing

Just plugged duo in and fine but the mutant shows no hdmi connections to tv

Bazzer
31-07-15, 15:08
Have you got another HDMI lead clutching at straws but worth a try. Make sure all is off when connecting any leads to the box

peteb2428
31-07-15, 15:15
Have you got another HDMI lead clutching at straws but worth a try. Make sure all is off when connecting any leads to the box

Yeah tried two cables both work on my duo fine - back in the box it goes although there on there summer break now so im stuck with it:mad:

Bazzer
31-07-15, 15:25
Sorry to hear that m8 , I have had mine now for 6 months and have never had one issue with it and I would certainly recommend this box to one and all. I take it you never purchased it from the sponsor's W.O.S.

peteb2428
31-07-15, 15:35
Sorry to hear that m8 , I have had mine now for 6 months and have never had one issue with it and I would certainly recommend this box to one and all. I take it you never purchased it from the sponsor's W.O.S.

Yes wos is where I purchased it

Bazzer
31-07-15, 15:43
Are you sure they are on a summer break try and email them best way of contact.

peteb2428
31-07-15, 16:00
Are you sure they are on a summer break try and email them best way of contact.

Update - tested on another TV and no output and yes ive emailed them but got a reply saying there not around now until the 10th of augast

ArowonA
31-07-15, 16:08
Have you tried flashing it, I know you shouldn't have to but as you can't get hold of them it may be worth a try.

Andy_Hazza
31-07-15, 16:11
Try flashing the latest bootloader then Hades 018 image.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

peteb2428
31-07-15, 17:26
Try flashing the latest bootloader then Hades 018 image.

Done both and nothing :( was really looking forward to getting this now the shine has well and truly gone - 10 days until I even get a response

Bazzer
31-07-15, 17:42
Did you select to have the image placed on the Mutant by W.O.S ? . I am glad you have pointed this summer break out I was going to order another one for delivery Tuesday.

peteb2428
31-07-15, 17:52
Did you select to have the image placed on the Mutant by W.O.S ? . I am glad you have pointed this summer break out I was going to order another one for delivery Tuesday.

Yes should have latest vix image on. Now guess I'll have to pay for return, surely this was tested prior to shipment, and yes had I known about holiday I wouldn't have purchased.

Put me off the mutant that's for sure and I'll have to wait and see what wos service is like but I'm not optimistic as it's always harder getting your money back

Andy_Hazza
31-07-15, 17:59
As daft as it might seem have you tried with a scart lead to test?

Bazzer
31-07-15, 18:01
Yes should have latest vix image on. Now guess I'll have to pay for return, surely this was tested prior to shipment, and yes had I known about holiday I wouldn't have purchased.

Put me off the mutant that's for sure and I'll have to wait and see what wos service is like but I'm not optimistic as it's always harder getting your money back
Don't be put off the Mutant m8 it is a excellent box . I am positive W.O.S will sought this out for you, I ordered the wrong tuners for mine when I first got the Mutant and when I emailed them they informed me to return the tuners with the receipt and they would send me out two new tuners which they did with no hassle . Just a pity they are not operating for a few weeks.

abu baniaz
31-07-15, 18:06
He could not have flashed it if it was not working. All manufacturers have bad apples. His after sales service is very good. Shame you have to wait.

The holiday is announced on the site. I'm sure he will replace it for you as soon as he returns.

peteb2428
31-07-15, 18:17
As daft as it might seem have you tried with a scart lead to test?

no no scart lead but the mutant sign comes on at first but as soon as it goes into booting it looses all output signals, the box display all working menu wise

Andy_Hazza
31-07-15, 18:20
When you flashed the bootloader, did you force it by pressing the down button on front of the receiver?

peteb2428
31-07-15, 18:20
He could not have flashed it if it was not working. All manufacturers have bad apples. His after sales service is very good. Shame you have to wait.

The holiday is announced on the site. I'm sure he will replace it for you as soon as he returns.

maybe but it isn't working now, just wish it would have mentioned it during buying and checkout,

remember guys i am a bit peeved right now so my responses may seem a little harsh, unfortunately for me its like buying a new toy which I've now had a bad experience with so its no longer going to be a treat.

peteb2428
31-07-15, 18:21
[QUOTE=Andy_Hazza;367075]When you flashed the bootloader, did you force it by pressing the down button on front of the receiver?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE

no didn't push the down button used the power button????

judge
31-07-15, 18:23
Can you reach the box via WebIF?

peteb2428
31-07-15, 18:25
Can you reach the box via WebIF?

no because I cant set up the network

Andy_Hazza
31-07-15, 18:27
Bootloader has to be forced with the down button mate. Reflash the bootloader, latest one dated in May. Then reflash with Hades 018 and you press the start button on the receiver for that.

Bazzer
31-07-15, 18:27
[QUOTE=Andy_Hazza;367075]When you flashed the bootloader, did you force it by pressing the down button on front of the receiver?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE

no didn't push the down button used the power button????
I know this might feel like a pain but try the bootloader again and press the down button to force the bootloader

Andy_Hazza
31-07-15, 18:28
Also make sure the HDMI lead is fully pushed in, do this while the receiver is powered off.

peteb2428
31-07-15, 18:59
Ok unpacked again flashed bootloader using down arrow and flashed latest Hades but still get mutant when first switched on then blue screen while booting until its loaded and no screen output:(

peteb2428
31-07-15, 19:01
Bootloader has to be forced with the down button mate. Reflash the bootloader, latest one dated in May. Then reflash with Hades 018 and you press the start button on the receiver for that.

isn't latest one june 11

ArowonA
31-07-15, 19:13
isn't latest one june 11

Looking here
http://www.openvix.co.uk/index.php?dir=%2A%2A%2ABootloaders%2A%2A%2A/Mutant-Bootloaders/HD2400/ there is one dated May 2015

Andy_Hazza
31-07-15, 19:26
Bootloaders can be found here >> http://www.openvix.co.uk/index.php?dir=%2A%2A%2ABootloaders%2A%2A%2A/Mutant-Bootloaders/HD2400/
Latest one is 22/05/2015. You can always try the older one too if you like. Also you could try an older image. Images found here >> http://www.openvix.co.uk/index.php?dir=Mutant-HD2400/

peteb2428
31-07-15, 19:29
Bootloaders can be found here >> http://www.openvix.co.uk/index.php?dir=%2A%2A%2ABootloaders%2A%2A%2A/Mutant-Bootloaders/HD2400/
Latest one is 22/05/2015. You can always try the older one too if you like. Also you could try an older image. Images found here >> http://www.openvix.co.uk/index.php?dir=Mutant-HD2400/

think im done to be honest. luckily still have a Duo so will use that for now

ArowonA
31-07-15, 19:31
think im done to be honest. luckily still have a Duo so will use that for now

It sucks man! esp as they are now on holiday, it's not the best luck.

peteb2428
31-07-15, 19:37
It sucks man! esp as they are now on holiday, it's not the best luck.

your not kidding

peteb2428
01-08-15, 16:26
Only 9 days to go :amen:

peteb2428
02-08-15, 17:52
Only 8 Days to go :(

Bazzer
02-08-15, 18:03
Did you try the bootloader again ?

peteb2428
02-08-15, 18:06
Did you try the bootloader again ?

Yeah had the right one but still no joy as soon as booting blue screen and no output

Bazzer
02-08-15, 18:13
Have you a spare USB you could try sometimes STB don't like certain USB

world-of-satellite.co.uk
02-08-15, 18:29
Apologies you have this inconvenience, we can assure you your unit was pre-flashed and boot tested. At the moment we're struggling to get a decent web connection. We've just emailed you. We'll try to reply again later in the week via email or were back in the UK Friday.

Blu-ray
02-08-15, 18:31

Just been told by WOS that they are out of stock of the Mut@nt hd 2400, does anyone know if the AX Quadbox HD 2400 is the same but under a different brand name.

Blu-ray
02-08-15, 18:42
Have just ben told by WOS that they are out of stock of the Mut@nt hd 2400, does anyone know if the AX HD 2400 is the same receiver but under a different brand name.

world-of-satellite.co.uk
02-08-15, 18:45
More stock will be coming when we're back in the UK next week.

Blu-ray
02-08-15, 18:49
Ok thanks I think I can wait a week while you are soaking up the sun. lol.
More stock will be coming when we're back in the UK next week.

world-of-satellite.co.uk
02-08-15, 18:58
Struggling to get a decent web connection to reply to emails, apologies to anyone who's been inconvenienced.

Bazzer
02-08-15, 19:15
Have just ben told by WOS that they are out of stock of the Mut@nt hd 2400, does anyone know if the AX HD 2400 is the same receiver but under a different brand name.
Yes same receiver just a different chassis.

judge
02-08-15, 20:40
does anyone know if the AX HD 2400 is the same receiver but under a different brand name.
Yes, same hardware but not currently supported by ViX.

Blu-ray
02-08-15, 20:47
Does that mean the Mut@nt hd2400 image will work on the AX hd2400 but the box is not supported by vix.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

judge
02-08-15, 20:57
Does that mean the Mut@nt hd2400 image will work on the AX hd2400 but the box is not supported by vix.

No idea if it will work or not but even if it does, it's not currently supported.

peteb2428
03-08-15, 08:37
Only 7 days to go - but nostock now:(

Joe_90
03-08-15, 12:12
Ok unpacked again flashed bootloader using down arrow and flashed latest Hades but still get mutant when first switched on then blue screen while booting until its loaded and no screen output:(

@peteb2428 - I'm struggling to follow this thread, so bear with me as I'm not familiar with the Mutant box. When you say "get mutant when first switched on then blue screen until its loaded and no screen output", do you mean that the Mutant logo or something comes up on the TV screen, then the TV screen goes blue and then you see nothing else? I wasn't sure if you were referring to some screen on the Mutant box itself (I don't have one), but my Quad has a built-in LCD.

If you are getting a display of any sort on the TV, then it means the HDMI output is working. What may be happening is that the Mutant is then switching to some resolution or frame rate that your TV can't handle, perhaps? The Mutant should be using 576i or 720 as it's booting so it should be acceptable to most TVs. Have you tried a SCART lead as others have suggested? It may be a matter of setting the box up initially on SCART, then adjusting the HDMI to suit. Is it actually booting up? You should get some indication from the front panel display on the Mutant that it is loading? I'm just suggesting this so you won't be without your new toy until W-O-S return from holidays. :)

Bazzer
03-08-15, 12:38
Hi Tony , I have a Mutant and when I re-start the box the Mutant logo comes on the tv screen which is coloured blue and it then boots to Openvix . I believe he is not advancing to the set up stage so therefore it could be causing issues with the HDMI. I believe it has been suggested before about trying a scart lead to see if he can get around it that way but he stated he did not have one must be worth a try .:confused:

Joe_90
03-08-15, 13:39
@Bazzer - thanks for confirming the behaviour of the Mutant box. It's obviously not a hardware issue with HDMI, then, if @pete.. is getting the logo and blue screen. Must be a flashing issue if he is not seeing the ViX boot screen etc. maybe he will come back and start again? Though the box should have worked when it was unboxed originally :confused:

peteb2428
03-08-15, 17:10
@Bazzer - thanks for confirming the behaviour of the Mutant box. It's obviously not a hardware issue with HDMI, then, if @pete.. is getting the logo and blue screen. Must be a flashing issue if he is not seeing the ViX boot screen etc. maybe he will come back and start again? Though the box should have worked when it was unboxed originally :confused:

Hi Guys Flashed boot loader and flashed hades and Apollo none work - Bazzer is spot on with description I get the mutant logo then nothing but sky blue screens , also would go and buy scart but my TV doesn't support it, also to be honest what would that achieve?

peteb2428
03-08-15, 17:17
@peteb2428 - I'm struggling to follow this thread, so bear with me as I'm not familiar with the Mutant box. When you say "get mutant when first switched on then blue screen until its loaded and no screen output", do you mean that the Mutant logo or something comes up on the TV screen, then the TV screen goes blue and then you see nothing else? I wasn't sure if you were referring to some screen on the Mutant box itself (I don't have one), but my Quad has a built-in LCD.

If you are getting a display of any sort on the TV, then it means the HDMI output is working. What may be happening is that the Mutant is then switching to some resolution or frame rate that your TV can't handle, perhaps? The Mutant should be using 576i or 720 as it's booting so it should be acceptable to most TVs. Have you tried a SCART lead as others have suggested? It may be a matter of setting the box up initially on SCART, then adjusting the HDMI to suit. Is it actually booting up? You should get some indication from the front panel display on the Mutant that it is loading? I'm just suggesting this so you won't be without your new toy until W-O-S return from holidays. :)

the box goes through set up ect 1080p 720 as you see all this on the lcd of a mutant

Joe_90
03-08-15, 17:41
I'm stumped on this. The fact that you are seeing something on the TV, if only briefly, would indicate that the HDMI output on the Mutant is working. If you are also seeing the installation prompts on the display of the Mutant (720, 1080, 50Hz etc) would indicate that you have flashed the box ok. Have you tried accepting the prompts on the display with the remote? i.e. when 720 comes up, hit OK on the remote, then when 50Hz comes up, hit ok? It might be some weird handshake issue between the Mutant and your TV. Otherwise, it's back to W-O-S with it :(

peteb2428
03-08-15, 17:52
I'm stumped on this. The fact that you are seeing something on the TV, if only briefly, would indicate that the HDMI output on the Mutant is working. If you are also seeing the installation prompts on the display of the Mutant (720, 1080, 50Hz etc) would indicate that you have flashed the box ok. Have you tried accepting the prompts on the display with the remote? i.e. when 720 comes up, hit OK on the remote, then when 50Hz comes up, hit ok? It might be some weird handshake issue between the Mutant and your TV. Otherwise, it's back to W-O-S with it :(

Yep accepted set up via remote gone through various set ups, tried on three TV,s 1 Toshiba and two sony's , also have a few boxes - all VU,s with no issues

given up

Bazzer
03-08-15, 18:19
also would go and buy scart but my TV doesn't support it, also to be honest what would that achieve? .
@peteb2428 it would just see if it is a HDMI problem if it boots ok from scart lead.

peteb2428
03-08-15, 18:30
also would go and buy scart but my TV doesn't support it, also to be honest what would that achieve? .
@peteb2428 it would just see if it is a HDMI problem if it boots ok from scart lead.

and if it does what could I do?

peteb2428
03-08-15, 18:32
and if it does what could I do?

but ill get one tomorrow and get a tv with scart and advise

Joe_90
03-08-15, 19:58
If you've tried it on several TVs through HDMI, I would agree with you - no point in using paying for a SCART lead.

peteb2428
03-08-15, 20:30
If you've tried it on several TVs through HDMI, I would agree with you - no point in using paying for a SCART lead.

Yeah kinda pointless really

peteb2428
04-08-15, 08:44
Only 6 days to go :(

rossi2000
04-08-15, 09:27
awwwww .

peteb2428
04-08-15, 09:52
Quick mutant update for those who were interested - borrowed a scart and TV and yes the scart works on it but again not the HDMI

dfox
04-08-15, 10:26
Quick mutant update for those who were interested - borrowed a scart and TV and yes the scart works on it but again not the HDMI

Please accept my apologies if you have already answered this.

You have tried HDMI out and HDMI in rebooting the box each time you change the input? And tried a different HDMI lead?

I only ask as I had a similar issue with my LX3. Tried both HMDI sockets neither worked. Then tried a different HDMI lead in HDMI out, rebooted and all is fine.

peteb2428
04-08-15, 10:55
indeed I have and on several tv's

Joe_90
04-08-15, 11:11
As SCART and HDMI should work at the same time, you could (using SCART) go into AV settings, set output to HDMI and reduce the resolution to 576i and ensuring the frame rate is 50 Hz and then switch the TV to HDMI input to see if that works.. The only other thing I can think of is the actual HDMI cable not making proper contact in the socket on the box, which is why some cables may work and others don't. Even cheapo "pound shop" cables should be ok at shorter lengths. I assume you're not using 5 metre cables (or longer)?

peteb2428
05-08-15, 08:31
5 Days to go :(

rossi2000
05-08-15, 08:57
we dont need a countdown, thx :thumbsup:

peteb2428
05-08-15, 09:22
I disagree as I feel it shows any potential purchaser from WOS the service outcome and keeps the post noticed as many continue to contribute with ideas, Also doesn't do any harm does it?

rossi2000
05-08-15, 09:31
clutters up with useless posts, bumping your post for no reason.

just wait to deal with wos and then put a post with your experience after its dealt with.

i think 99% of users know here wos reputation already.

peteb2428
05-08-15, 10:43
Ok I promise not to bump - ooops

wullboy
05-08-15, 11:20
clutters up with useless posts, bumping your post for no reason.

just wait to deal with wos and then put a post with your experience after its dealt with.

i think 99% of users know here wos reputation already.

Yes...... its top notch...:) but the poor guys must be pig sick... i know i would be !!

peteb2428
07-08-15, 07:50
Hi guys just to give some feedback.

Recieved this on the 2nd from wos

We can arrange collection from original shipping address for this Friday if ok with you? Please package the unit as new and complete.

Please package in a protective carton for shipping.

Collection would be anytime between 9am and 5pm, if ok please reply to this email, hopefully we'll be able to check emails again before Friday. We'll then book and reply to you confirming collection has been arranged

I have replied twice and still heard nothing back - more frustration which didn't need to happen
For all those who say 99% are happy (figure plucked out of air no doubt)

Certainly not the experience I'm recieving.

Hopefully this we be resolved asap

abu baniaz
07-08-15, 08:26
The chap is on holiday. Unfortunately he does not have regular access to the net. He will respond on his return. Apologies on his behalf.

Looks like going to have to let go this week, tried checking and replying to emails, nearly threw laptop over balcony grrrr.

any customer issues, please apologise on my behalf, just not able to get a decent connection.

peteb2428
07-08-15, 09:36
Thanks Abu for the update - I assume WOS is a one man band outfit?

rossi2000
07-08-15, 09:40
the guy is well aware wos are on holiday.

another pointless bump post lol

rossi2000
07-08-15, 09:41
Thanks Abu for the update - I assume WOS is a one man band outfit?

wos is closed for holidays, which part of this dont u understand?
irrelavant, 1 man band or 2 man band

they are on holiday!

Huevos
07-08-15, 09:54
I assume WOS is a one man band outfit?No, it is a proper firm trading from business premises. You are just unfortunate that the firm is closed at the moment for summer holidays, as many firms do in August.

peteb2428
07-08-15, 16:57
wos is closed for holidays, which part of this dont u understand?
irrelavant, 1 man band or 2 man band

they are on holiday!

@Rossi, it was WOS emailing me while they are on holiday saying they would collect this Friday, I know there on holiday.

Andy_Hazza
07-08-15, 17:13
@pete2428, can you please refrain from talk like that to a highly respected ViX team member. You could have quite easily just have quoted "It was WoS emailing me blardy blah blah."
We do feel your pain in not being able to do anything with the receiver, but once Stef is back, I'm sure your issue will be dealt with promptly. [emoji4]

abu baniaz
07-08-15, 17:13
Look here. There is no need to start insulting others. I will edit your post and remove the offending insults.

You are obviously upset. The chap sent you an email with the limited access he had in order to speed things up for you. He no longer has internet access to allow him to communicate with anyone. He will respond to you when he gets back. Relax. Don't post back as you are wound up and will end up in getting yourself an infraction for breaking rules for insulting others.

I am going to close this thread. I or another moderator will re-open it after the 11th. You will be able to air your views at how poorly or how well he deals with you. This is not an attempt to stop people criticising the forum sponsor. If it was, the thread would have gone to the moderators room.

peteb2428
12-08-15, 12:02
Hi can assure you I wasn't wound up! Rossi although respected didn't read my post correctly and responded as if I had been chasing wos but infact they were contacting me, I was prepared to wait until they returned from hols.

Anyway for those interested returned box and surprisingly they found no fault on initial start up which is strange, However they don't have any stock of HD2400's so have replaced it with a Et 10000.

For those reading this I can assure you the service received from WOS since there return has been excellent and I eagerly await my Xtrend.

Thread closed as i am off to post on the Xtrend section.

Joe_90
12-08-15, 12:34
And maybe a donation/contribution (donate button at top of page) to the costs of hosting the forum and image files would smooth things over... ;)

peteb2428
12-08-15, 18:42
And maybe a donation/contribution (donate button at top of page) to the costs of hosting the forum and image files would smooth things over... ;)

Don't need to smooth things over, and already donated