PDA

View Full Version : lx2 won't power up

kwasiabinti
31-07-15, 13:48
Hi there,
Any help will be much appreciated. My brand new lx2 bought from WOS wont power up. I don't think its a problem with the power cable as there is a green light indicator is on. I have tried the cable with my dm500s and it works fine. I have also tried the power switch at the back of the box to no avail. Help will be much appreciate.

thanks

ronand
31-07-15, 14:26
Its probably something simple like the connector for the front display coming loose - couriers can be rough with packages. If the box was pre-flashed with an image then it would be tested by WOS before despatch. Your best port of call would be to ring WOS for further advice (you dont want to invalidate your warranty by opening it without their consent).

kwasiabinti
31-07-15, 14:53
Thanks ronand. Can't get through to them as they are on holidays.

ronand
31-07-15, 21:08
There is no-one on the forum that works for the shop. You had better wait till they are back. Or you could send a pm to the forum sponsor (WOS) http://www.world-of-satellite.com/member.php?1447-world-of-satellite-co-uk

cactikid
31-07-15, 22:19
but if light is on box would think not connected to tv ,unplug/power off try other cable tv and switch on and make sure your on correct hdmi setting:thumbsup:

electrocop
01-08-15, 00:01
I had the reverse problem that you're having - the box would only work in HDMI (i wanted it to work on scart - which it did until it booted fully)

You won't like my suggestion, but here goes anyway - download and flash the latest image from OpenHDF - just to try it. If it works (as it did for me) then you know that the box is not at fault - you can always go back to Vix if you want after the test.
You may as well do it as you can't do anything else until WoS are back from their vacation.

Sicilian
01-08-15, 07:58
Try this, disconnect power, remove lid, make sure connectors are fully pressed down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk