PDA

View Full Version : No scart for rf modulator

thejoker
29-07-15, 23:01
There is no scart on these boxes so I used the red yellow and white cables to connect to my triax tri link then put a scart adaptor on the end for tri link. It didn't work. I was able to get a modulator working which had red/yellow/white as standard.

Do rf modulators not work with these boxes unless they have red/yellow/white as standard.

Tri link is best as it allows magic eye function.

Anyone experienced this and have a solution.

Kind regards,

Joe_90
30-07-15, 10:19
Did you use a SCART adapter with an IN/OUT switch? Video and audio in/out are on separate pins on SCART. Some of these SCART adapters are for outputting video and audio from a box to a TV equipped with phono plugs, whereas you want one which will work from a video camera (or box) to a TV equipped with SCART. A better solution might be to use a remote box and stream to it. More expensive initially, but better quality video and audio in the long run.

thejoker
30-07-15, 10:59
I understand, thank you. But how do I get a scart adaptor for what i need...

Would this be the right one?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SCART-To-3-x-RCA-Triple-Phono-Composite-Converter-AV-Adaptor-OUT-DIRECTION-/351446653608?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item51d3da5aa8

ronand
30-07-15, 12:00
I would imagine that is the wrong adapter - you are using it going IN to the triax?

electrocop
30-07-15, 12:00
This is what you need (as advised by fat-tony) Ebay item number 400666168690

Joe_90
30-07-15, 16:53
That's the type of adapter I meant - other sellers may have them also.