PDA

View Full Version : Is Hades OK to install on our trusty Quad HD?

steveharman
29-07-15, 17:28
Hi,

Has anyone flashed Hades to a GB Quad (not Plus) ? And if so - does performance seem to be OK?

Thanks,

Steve

madaboutlotus
30-07-15, 08:32
Hi Steve

I flashed Hades 018 and could not get ABM to work, so I reverted back to Apollo again for the time being. Be interested if anyone else has any issue on the Quad.

steveharman
30-07-15, 08:39
Hi Steve

I flashed Hades 018 and could not get ABM to work, so I reverted back to Apollo again for the time being. Be interested if anyone else has any issue on the Quad.

Hi!

Thanks for the feedback, I'll put the brakes on for now then, no ABM = no go! That's a real shame, as it's an ABM improvement with swapping SD / HD channels which was drawing me to Hades in the first place.

Cheers,

Steve

madaboutlotus
30-07-15, 08:41
Hi Steve
So how did you find out that the ABM was improved. Was there some developer notes published?

abu baniaz
30-07-15, 08:42
Hades is finished. There will be no more Hades updates. There is nothing wrong with it.

ABM, although bundled with image, it is still a standalone plugin.

judge
30-07-15, 08:44
ABM working perfectly fine here on GB Quad Hades build 18. Something wrong with your set-up.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

steveharman
30-07-15, 08:49
It was mostly relating to the question I posted to the ABM forum:

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?47107-Way-to-use-ABM-so-we-get-ITV-HD-and-Channel-5-SD-on-their-regular-channel-nubers/page2

And in particular the response on page 2 of the posts...

Steve

abu baniaz
30-07-15, 08:55
Nothing wrong with Hades. You can flash it.

Alternatively, I can upload latest version of ABM for you.

madaboutlotus
30-07-15, 09:27
Abu, that would be great, but why is Hades finished?

steveharman
30-07-15, 09:29
Nothing wrong with Hades. You can flash it.

Alternatively, I can upload latest version of ABM for you.

Would really appreciate an upload of the latest ABM if you get a second please. :-)

Steve

abu baniaz
30-07-15, 09:33
@madaboutlotus, plaese start your own thread afterwards with your debug logs for ABM.

Attached is the lates version of ABM. Extract and transfer to:
/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/

madaboutlotus
30-07-15, 09:35
Thanks Abu. But is there any point if Hades is not going to be updated anymore

Andy_Hazza
30-07-15, 10:38
Thanks Abu. But is there any point if Hades is not going to be updated anymore

I would advise to update to Hades 018 and when you are happy with everything do an image backup via blue button, ViX, Backup manager n green button.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

madaboutlotus
30-07-15, 14:02
OK Andy I will and use Abu's download for ABM. Thanks

madaboutlotus
30-07-15, 22:39
Well I unpacked the ABM file to reach this folder '20150730 ABM', uploaded to the root directory as Abu stated; /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/, but still no ABM visible? What am I doing wrong, must be something simple!

judge
30-07-15, 22:48
Well I unpacked the ABM file to reach this folder '20150730 ABM', uploaded to the root directory as Abu stated; /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/, but still no ABM visible? What am I doing wrong, must be something simple!

Inside that 20150730 ABM folder, there's an AutoBouquetsMaker folder, that's the one you should be uploading/replacing on the box.

madaboutlotus
30-07-15, 23:05
OK Judge, I will try that.
Yep, that works and remembering a few other things to set up for the graphical epg.
Many thanks.

steveharman
02-08-15, 17:39
Upgraded to Hades today, installed the gorgeous MetrixFHD skin and latest ABM. All good so far and the Custom options in ABM were worth the upgrade in their own right! :-)

Steve