PDA

View Full Version : transferring settings from Vu+ duo to duo2

Human 19
26-07-15, 22:43
I'm upgrading from the vu+ duo to the duo 2.
I have openvix Hades 0.18 on the original Duo and have downloaded the equivalent image for the duo 2 in preparation for receiving my shiny new box in a day or 2
My question is... would it be okay to load the same saved settings from the duo, into to the duo 2?

cactikid
26-07-15, 22:59
not in favour of using settings stored on one box and adding to a different box or do you mean like channels setups using dreambox edit.you can remove files from duo with filezilla client if needed first. better you start from scratch and go from there as your not inputting bugs into a fresh image.

Human 19
26-07-15, 23:18
not in favour of using settings stored on one box and adding to a different box or do you mean like channels setups using dreambox edit.you can remove files from duo with filezilla client if needed first. better you start from scratch and go from there as your not inputting bugs into a fresh image.

Thanks. Yes, it's basically all the settings I was thinking of including bouquets, channels and customisations etc. Im trying to avoid downloading wine for DBedit, and also starting the other setting from scratch .

cactikid
26-07-15, 23:32
i use vix image and run autobouquetmaker and that does my bouquets and it updates early in the morning no messing with settings:thumbsup:
abm set to sd and your area.

abu baniaz
27-07-15, 02:31
Bouquets you can transfer from one receiver to another. They do not need to be the same receiver or image.

All your settings/customisations are saved in a file called "settings". It is located in /etc/enigma2/. Youc an save this to your PC. Ince you have flashed your new receiver, pu t the new receiver to sleep with telnet command "init 4", transfer the file over, restart receiver. you may have to edit a few more things becasue of differnces in hardware.