PDA

View Full Version : Trouble connecting via FTP to my Gigablue

dragoscevero
26-07-15, 20:10
Hi to all,
I was using latest apollo version without any issue, but I wanted to upgrade to Hades (018) on my Gigablue Quad.
I flashed it up and configured with the default tools, but I notice I can't connect via FTP to my box.
I can enter telnet and box receives commands, but with Filezilla and dreamboxedit I can't enter the ftp of the box.
Is there something new to configure? I have to activate or edit something in the net options?
Thanks for the help.

cactikid
26-07-15, 21:00
rechecked ip is correct in filezilla as with box and you entered root into username?

dragoscevero
26-07-15, 21:25
Yes, ip is correct, and box can connect to the web and download plugins.
I've tried many software from pc, and I can connect to telnet and also via http to the openwebif, but no way to connect to ftp.
It seems like the ftp server (Vsftpd server) is not working properly, but in ftp setup its status is reported as running.

ArowonA
26-07-15, 21:26
You could run the following while connected with telnet
ps -aux | grep ftp
to see if vsftp is running, if it is, maybe try running
netstat -natp and see if you have the following line
tcp 0 0 :::21 :::* LISTEN 650/inetd - if both of these come back positive then I have no idea :)
Another option would be to enable debug logging and then reboot and enable/disable the FTP server a few times and then look at the debug log, it may give you an idea why it's not working.

dragoscevero
27-07-15, 18:42
You could run the following while connected with telnet
ps -aux | grep ftp
at this command I get:
root 1559 0.0 0.1 2956 608 pts/0 S+ 18:20 0:00 grep ftp

to see if vsftp is running, if it is, maybe try running
netstat -natp and see if you have the following line
tcp 0 0 :::21 :::* LISTEN 650/inetd
At the "netstat -natp" command I get:

Active internet connections (servers and estabilished)
Proto Recv-Q Send-Q Local Address Foreign Address State
PID/Program name
tcp 0 0 0.0.0.0:8001 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN 1163/enigma2
tcp 0 0 0.0.0.0:80 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN
1163/enigma2
tcp 0 0 0.0.0.0:22 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN
769/dropbear
tcp 0 0 0.0.0.0:23 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN
809/telnetd
tcp 0 159 192.168.1.222:23 192.168.1.99:57981 ESTABILISHED
809/telnetd
netstat: /proc/net/tcp6: No such file or directory

- if both of these come back positive then I have no idea :)
Another option would be to enable debug logging and then reboot and enable/disable the FTP server a few times and then look at the debug log, it may give you an idea why it's not working.

I don't know why this is happening, I've flashed latest openmips image and there is not this problem, if I restore latest apollo image backup all works fine, and after a clean flash of the Hades image (not only 018 version, I've tried a month ago a lower version, with same issue) the ftp keep back not working.
Telnet and openwebif are working properly.

It seems like the ftp isn't right configured or something...

Thanks for help!

ArowonA
27-07-15, 18:56
at this command I get:
/proc/net/tcp6: No such file or directory

This stands out to me, plus the fact that inetd doesn't seem to be running, you could try editing the file /etc/inetd.conf and change the entries for 'tcp6' to 'tcp' (you will only need to do the lines that don't have # at the start.) and then run
/etc/init.d/inetd.busybox start and then see if FTP works. maybe someone with more knowledge can explain why you are getting the tcp6 error.

dragoscevero
27-07-15, 19:34
I can't see any folder with ls command on telnet, it show me only the file "logs".
I can't rename anything from telnet, and I can't run the command "/etc/init.d/inetd.busybox start".

It's a clean flash of the image, and on older Vix and on the latest Mips it doesn't happen...

Is it possible that Hades release for the gigablue quad is missing something on ftp server? :confused:

abu baniaz
27-07-15, 19:42
Did you flash an earlier build then perform and update or did you flash 018 directly? There was a driver change a while back.

Sorry to ask again, are you 100% sure that you did not restore anything after flashing the image?

dragoscevero
27-07-15, 19:57
I didn't restore, i flashed directly the 018 versionof hades.
But I can tell a strange thing, after flashing (happens also with openmips) I found in the network configuration wizard that the box keeps the latest ip address, netmask and dns...
I think that some configurations are mantained (some file in the hdd?)... it happens also if after flashing i launch the factory reset...

richardinspain
27-07-15, 20:24
I use Filezilla and works fine on my GBquad running Hades18

dragoscevero
27-07-15, 20:29
So it's not an Hades issue, but it can be connected with the settings that are being keeped up after flashing... How can I flash removing all the settings?

abu baniaz
27-07-15, 20:49
If you flash/install an image, everything on flash memory is wiped. Nothing is kept. However, you will be asked to restore settings (if there is a settings backup on the HDD). The image resides in flash memory, not HDD.

If you update an image, the prevoius settings are maintained.

dragoscevero
27-07-15, 20:56
I know, and every time I did it it worked that way.
But last times, after flashing I noticed that ip adresses was keeped the same as before.
I flashed the Hades image from a fresh download from vix site, using a formatted USB drive, and whitout restoring backups.
No plug-in, channel list are mantained.
I can try removing hdd but it's an unusual work to flash the image...

abu baniaz
27-07-15, 21:02
If you are using DHCP (this is the normal thing), the router gives the IP address.

No need to remove HDD.

dragoscevero
28-07-15, 06:30
I was using a static IP on my box, not dhcp, and after flashing image I found that the box keep the setup, with dhcp off and the same stati ip mantained.
I tried 3 times, putting usb in the back usb port, turnig off and on the back power switch and pressing ok on the front panel when it finds the firmware...
I didn't restore anything, but I always get same result. In my opinion the only cause can be an option file in the hdd that is read by the image and make it work wrong on the net side.
Note then also flashing openmips ip is mantained (and dhcp off) but the net section result working.

dragoscevero
28-07-15, 19:36
No way.
Flashed again, reconfigured from zero whitout restoring anything, but still same issue.
I just can't get it working.
Sad about it.

ArowonA
28-07-15, 19:53
Could you try running
inetd -e -f from telnet, hopefully it may give an error, if it looks like it's just hung see if you can connect using FTP.

abu baniaz
29-07-15, 02:53
Have you tried teh following?
Switch off receiver,
Switch off router,
Wait 30 seconds,
Power on Router,
Power on Receiver.
Double check IP adddress on receiver.

dragoscevero
26-09-15, 10:24
After those problems i've given up and keep latest apollo.
Now After a couple of months I've tried to flash the new openvix 3.2.005... at this time no chance to complete setup... after flashing and restart the state bar was stopping on 34 or 36 % everytime, until the sistem reboots.
Then I had the idea of reflashing bootloader... I flashed the 20141008 bootloader and tried to setup vix 3.2.005 again...
This time succesful, and being able to setup everything fast and smootly.

I think my previous troubles was caused by the not up-to-date bootloader, that caused a not full fresh setup of the image.

Hope that this experience can help someone...
Thanks!