PDA

View Full Version : No Picture or Audio

Sonny
25-07-15, 17:34
Hi , my Vu duo 2 has stopped displaying a picture and sound. the box turns on but no AV. i have tried a different tv and HDMI cables,HDMI sockets and power supplies, disconnected the HDD, all USBs, satellite and cable wires, i also flashed the box with new firmware still nothing. i think it may be a hardware issue .

Sony TV
Vix image

any help will be appreciated

Trial
25-07-15, 17:48
Hi,
did you try scart to see if anything at all is coming? Can you connect through telnet?

ciao

Sonny
25-07-15, 18:03
the picture is coming on with a scart but the picture is green (might be the old scart cable) and i can connected to the box through flashfxp.

cheers for the quick reply

cactikid
25-07-15, 19:38
make and size of tv in use please,hope you were not plugging in/out hdmi cable while units switched on.

Sonny
25-07-15, 21:22
KDL42W829BBU 42" , there's some signal coming through the HDMI , the TV knows that the box is using tuner1 on the info when you change hdmi source .

Andy_Hazza
25-07-15, 21:36
KDL42W829BBU 42" , there's some signal coming through the HDMI , the TV knows that the box is using tuner1 on the info when you change hdmi source .

Did you remove/insert the HDMI lead while the TV and Satellite receiver were on?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sonny
25-07-15, 21:43
i did ,when i was testing different hdmi cables and sockets ,but that was after it stopped working.

Trial
26-07-15, 07:59
Hi,
did you switch inputs? Perhaps TV is on wrong input. Did you disable CEC?

ciao

Sonny
26-07-15, 18:18
the box is no longer responding to the remote, after firmware update .

its on the right input, would disabling CEC ( bravia sync ) help?

I am gonna to send it back to VU or the retailer where i got it from. if its playing up after 5 months , whats it gonna be like a year on.

where is VU repair center?, and how do i contact them?