PDA

View Full Version : Want One!!

albieash
25-07-15, 17:04
I would love a VU+ Duo 2. Wouldn't we all I suppose.
I have a Openbox V8s and a Zgemma S2.
My question is, would I see that amount of difference for the price.
Only have a Mifi dongle with EE, fast though. Would this hold a more consistent signal?
What model number do I want for my sky dish. Prefer twin tuner, have plenty of 2.5 HDD laying around.
Cheers to anyone helping me out.
Albieash

cactikid
25-07-15, 17:12
look at the xtrend boxes and their give away prices,wos even do supported wifi dongles if needed.i would be going lan cable or homeplugs if possible:thumbsup:

basement crap box to the top of the pile yes it can run vix images.

djz46
25-07-15, 17:38
I have a VU Duo2 and its very good.

I suppose it is not everybody's cup of tea but its a nice powerful bit of equipment and the LCD screen just finishes it off IMO but like i say many will see that as a gimmick.

It compliments the rest of my equipment very well. But this is coming from someone who owned a Spiderbox 9000HD for years and still does!

:)

nsw9154
25-07-15, 18:43
Personally i would go for the Extrend ET8000 i have a Duo2 - ET10000 -Mut@nt HD2400 - Golden Interstar Xpeed LX3 and a Gigablue Quad+ i Love the Mutant & the LX3 but my Favorite has to be the Xtrend they are well made and i think have one of the best Remote Controls or any of the above Receivers

Andy_Hazza
25-07-15, 21:11
Personally i would go for the Extrend ET8000 i have a Duo2 - ET10000 -Mut@nt HD2400 - Golden Interstar Xpeed LX3 and a Gigablue Quad+ i Love the Mutant & the LX3 but my Favorite has to be the Xtrend they are well made and i think have one of the best Remote Controls or any of the above Receivers

I have to disagree, the Mut@nt HD2400 is my fave receiver, followed by my Vu+ Solo2 and then the ET10K. lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

albieash
26-07-15, 09:38
Cheers for comments.
Now even harder to decide!!1
All I really want is a box that will handle my mifi dongle the best. Have no bt line.
Also picture quality.:beer_toast::beer_toast:
Anyone with any suggestions about any other way I can get a constant signal as wifi tends to drop out every 8 secs.
Think this is just the way wifi works. The Openbox seems to be better at this than the Zgemma.
Cheers

Andy_Hazza
26-07-15, 09:39
Wifi is not the best option imo. Best option is to get a landline and broadband package and go hardwired. [emoji13]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cactikid
26-07-15, 09:48
as you dont have a bt line,vm broadband/tv ?you are limited to sat if neither but boxes need a good lan connection even homeplugs.not advisable with someone elses wifi:smash::smash:

albieash
26-07-15, 12:39
Someone give me some good news!!!
All gone bad!!:(

cactikid
26-07-15, 12:43
you need a working lan feed or left with freesat,all these boxes need a sat/cable/terrestrial feed + lan to do other things like kodi direct just on lan service:)

albieash
27-07-15, 11:44
OK. Yhanks.
Going to soak my head now!!!!
P.S. My Openbox works ok with wifi so I will stick with that.
Cheers
:amen: