PDA

View Full Version : [ABM-MISC] 28.2E Sports bouquet order

jasper1974
24-07-15, 21:25
Hi guys ive tried reading through a fair bit on here but think its all frazzled my brain when i do a ABM scan weather it be just 28.2 or the mixed 28.2 and cable scan all the channel numbers are not how i want them so i end up organising them by moving everything about in the sports section but i cant do it in the all channels section as theres missing numbers and so it throws everything a little mad. But everytime i do a new scan of course i lose the order how would i renumber the channels also allowing it to swap the HD channels in the xml's

Here are 2 screen shots of the order i want the channels in:

Huevos
24-07-15, 22:57
Please explain (in very short sentences) exactly what you are trying to achieve.

And list channel numbers and provider, and where you want to move them to.

jasper1974
25-07-15, 00:45
ok im looking for vm cable hd sly sports and eurosport HD in there normal number and then all the other channels in the all channels bouquet from 28.2 and same order in the sports bouquet but them numbers wouldnt matter

413 bt sports hd1
414 bt hd2
415 bt euro
416 bt espn
417 mutv
418 lfctv
419 Chelsea
420 setantas hd
421 setantas 1
422 premier hd
423 extreme
424 motortv
425 & 426 racing channels
427 box nation
428 box nation hd
429 sports box office

Sorry not short but easiest way to explain

Huevos
25-07-15, 03:01
Isn't this exactly what you were asking for in the other thread?

abu baniaz
25-07-15, 04:07
Please break down your sentences. One long sentence with no punctuation is very hard to understand. "Normal" means different things to other people.

What ABM process are you applying?
Are you importing channels into a provider without altering the positions of channels? If so, which one is teh main provider? (Custom Mix)
Are you wanting to have your own bouquets where you have channels from more than one provider. (Favourites)

This chart may assist in explaining/undersatnding what you want.

Position number you want it to be

Is channel from Cable or 28.2?
What is official chanenl number on the source provider
Channel name

jasper1974
25-07-15, 19:30
Isn't this exactly what you were asking for in the other thread?

Nope not asked for this in any other thread previously was asking about mixing 28.2 and cables which i found was done with a supplied custom xml in another thread

Please break down your sentences. One long sentence with no punctuation is very hard to understand. "Normal" means different things to other people.

What ABM process are you applying?
Are you importing channels into a provider without altering the positions of channels? If so, which one is teh main provider? (Custom Mix)
Are you wanting to have your own bouquets where you have channels from more than one provider. (Favourites)

This chart may assist in explaining/undersatnding what you want.

1) im using the sat_282_sky_uk_CustomMix.xml in ABM
2) In ABM im using sky uk london kent custom with channel swap enabled
3) not importing anything just letting the XML above do all the work.
4) want the standard ABM Main Bouquets for 28.2 its just the sports channels seems totally mixed up so want them in a proper order in the "All channels" & "sports" Bouquets that are made by ABM so the number will be in the "all Channels" bouquet
5)also want them in the order below in the "Sports" Bouquet

Position number you want it to be

Is channel from Cable or 28.2?
What is official chanenl number on the source provider
Channel name

cable
Sky Sports News HD

cable
Sky Sports 1 HD

cable
Sky Sports 2 HD

Cable
Sky Sports 3 HD

Cable
Sky Sports 4 HD

Cable
Sky Sports 5 HD

Cable
Sky Sports F1 HD

Cable
eurosport HD

Cable
eurosport2 HD

BT Sports 1 HD

BT Sports 2 HD

BT Sports Euro HD

BT Sports ESPN HD

MUTV

Chelsea tv

LFCTV

Premier HD

Sky irl package
Setanta Ireland

Extreme sports

Racing UK

At The Races

Motors TV Uk

Box Nation

Box Nation HD

Sky Sports Box office

Sky Sports Box office HD

[tr]

jasper1974
25-07-15, 22:26
any other info you guy need to help me ??

Huevos
25-07-15, 22:42
Have you read the readme.txt file? Instructions in there. Use CustomMix.

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?45828-CustomLCN-CustomMix-Favourites-List-Hacks

abu baniaz
25-07-15, 22:43
You are misunderstnding the process.

3. The custom mix file "inserts" channels. You are taking a channel from the cable provider and inserting it into the 28.2 provider. Insert/import, same thing in this context.

In ABM im using sky uk london kent custom with channel swap enabled
You are meant to use the HD location. Otherwise you are inserting in the wrong place.

also want them in the order below in the "Sports" Bouquet
I have not tried using custom mix and altering the position. The best thing for this would have been to use the favourites process. You may be able to use customLCN, I have not tried it in conjunction with custom mix.

Change your region to HD, run plugin again and see if it is OK. If you still want to have your bouquets with chanenls in non-official positions, post back. The custom mix fiel was assembled before the re-shuffle so may need editing.

Huevos
25-07-15, 22:46
I have not tried using custom mix and altering the position.It will move the location fine.

jasper1974
25-07-15, 22:52
All the other bouquets are fine and everything is is in the correct order but I just want the sports channels in a non official order as it looks better

jasper1974
26-07-15, 03:14
Well just spent th last 4 hours messing reading the README file and editing the LCN numbers but it hasnt helped here an example of what ive tried

Original clip from file EXAMPLE_sd_sat_282_sky_uk_CustomLCN.xml

<configuration lcn="413" channelnumber="413" description="BT Sport 1"></configuration>
<configuration lcn="414" channelnumber="414" description="BT Sport Europe"></configuration>
<configuration lcn="415" channelnumber="415" description="At The Races"></configuration>
<configuration lcn="417" channelnumber="417" description="BT Sport 2"></configuration>

So i change the file name to sd_sat_282_sky_uk_CustomLCN.xml and made the following changes

<configuration lcn="413" channelnumber="413" description="BT Sport 1"></configuration>
<configuration lcn="414" channelnumber="417" description="BT Sport 2"></configuration>
<configuration lcn="415" channelnumber="414" description="BT Sport Europe"></configuration>
<configuration lcn="425" channelnumber="415" description="At The Races"></configuration>

But it does not move anything around and if i then type in 414 on remote it doesnt think theres a channel there

abu baniaz
26-07-15, 03:30
Upload your file and debug log.

jasper1974
26-07-15, 03:36
how do save the debug log

jasper1974
26-07-15, 03:46
heres the xml file obviously had to change extension to txt to upload on here

abu baniaz
26-07-15, 03:50
Enable debug logs, reboot receiver. run abm. you will find log in /home/root/logs/ FTP to receiver, zip, upload as attachment.

If you are using a hd region, your file should be called "hd_sat_282_sky_uk_CustomLCN.xml"

jasper1974
26-07-15, 04:06
comes up as sd as im using the london kent custom as i get better mix with the cable mix with that. i have done tried using the london kent hd and changing the lcn in that but same results

i went into system and enables logs and here is the log i just got after doing scan

Dont understand what any of it means

abu baniaz
26-07-15, 04:11
The channel numbers are different depending on whether you have an SD or HD Sky receiver.

If you look at the screenshot, it has worked as per your file (inclusive of the numbering mixup). I have enabled the service type icons. As you can see the cables ones are there. Amend your numbering and it should be as you want.

jasper1974
26-07-15, 04:18
ok so with that file in the custom folder do i then use london kent hd or london kent custom as ive tried both and cant get it to work.

abu baniaz
26-07-15, 04:26
london kent hd.

Your custom file must be called "hd_sat_282_sky_uk_CustomLCN.xml"

Please ignore comment about numbers being wrong. My mistake.

jasper1974
26-07-15, 21:04
The channel numbers are different depending on whether you have an SD or HD Sky receiver.

If you look at the screenshot, it has worked as per your file (inclusive of the numbering mixup). I have enabled the service type icons. As you can see the cables ones are there. Amend your numbering and it should be as you want.

Well did get it to work in the end with the London Kent HD setting but then end up with the other more problems than i was trying to fix like

1) SD channels like in your picture showing Sky sports 1 dotted around the bouquets and looked messy again plus it swapped other unavailable HD channels when it shouldn't have
2) Channels like Sky Atlantic should be SD as not available in HD via 28.2 or Cable so i probably could have gotten round the problem by making a massive custom LCN but don't think its worth all the hassle.
3) The sat cable mixed XML was obviously put together for the custom settings in ABM as it does not seem to like the HD settings

So after all of this Ive decided ill just put up with manually changing the "sports" bouquet after every scan

But thanks for all your help guys

Huevos
26-07-15, 23:04
Ive decided ill just put up with manually changing the "sports" bouquet after every scanYou just need to do this once and from then on it will just work on every scan.

jasper1974
26-07-15, 23:31
You just need to do this once and from then on it will just work on every scan.

understand once ive made the xml file i wouldn't have to do it again unless there was a major channel reshuffle but only just figured out the LCN xml for the sports would take me weeks to do it for every channel

Would be handy if there was a way of locking a bouquet so i could organize the sports bouquet then lock it so when i do another ABM scan it leaves the locked bouquets alone

Huevos
26-07-15, 23:38
Why are you using a CustomLCN file? I thought you wanted to add cable channels. Use CustomMix for that. Also why have you got every channel in the file? You only need the ones you want to swap.

jasper1974
27-07-15, 00:12
Ive used the custom mix file for getting the mix of cable and 28.2 channels that was in a old thread this thread is about being able to change the channel numbers in the sports package to custom numbers when ABM scans so its cleaner rather than having BT sports hd channels mixed i want them in sequence like i stated in post #6 (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?47027-28-2E-Sports-bouquet-order&p=366018&viewfull=1#post366018)

If you had read my initial posts you would have understood

Explains why you thought this was a duplicate request

Huevos
27-07-15, 00:24
this thread is about being able to change the channel numbers in the sports package to custom numbersYou do that in the same file. One CustomMix file does both jobs.

abu baniaz
27-07-15, 00:25
If you have manually moved your chanenls around, please upload your bouquet files/lamedb files.

Located in /etc/enigma2
All files ending in .tv and .radio

jasper1974
27-07-15, 01:55
If you have manually moved your chanenls around, please upload your bouquet files/lamedb files.

Located in /etc/enigma2
All files ending in .tv and .radio

Here is the rar with all the requested bits in as you can see i have reordered the sports bouquet as i want it but cant reorder the channels in the all channels bouquet because as soon as the a gap in numbers it send the channel to a totally different area when you stop the moving

abu baniaz
27-07-15, 02:15
Please delete the custom LCN file. It is not required. My mistake, sorry.

Please try this file.
The two Irish chanenls are from the Sky ROI provider. I have used the numbers from the HD region.
You must select the following providers
Sky UK (region HD)
Virgin UK
Sky ROI (region HD). I hope you are aweare you can scan without creating bouquets. Say no to all the "create xxx" options

I have taken the liberty to usecpostions 408/409. Otherwise you would have had the offfical channels there. You will still have channels further down the bouquet. If you want to omit them, have a look at the the xml. There is a section for deleting channels.

As a bonus, you get an ITV regions bouquet too.

jasper1974
27-07-15, 03:00
Please delete the custom LCN file. It is not required. My mistake, sorry.

Please try this file.
The two Irish chanenls are from the Sky ROI provider. I have used the numbers from the HD region.
You must select the following providers
Sky UK (region HD)
Virgin UK
Sky ROI (region HD). I hope you are aweare you can scan without creating bouquets. Say no to all the "create xxx" options

I have taken the liberty to usecpostions 408/409. Otherwise you would have had the offfical channels there. You will still have channels further down the bouquet. If you want to omit them, have a look at the the xml. There is a section for deleting channels.

As a bonus, you get an ITV regions bouquet too.

Ok i installed the Xml you sent me in the custom folder

1)rebooted box

2)provider start order 1,Sky uk London Kent HD, main bouquets Section Bouquets and swap channels on everything else off
2,sky roi HD , Everything off
3, Virgin Basildon 1, Everything off

3)performed scan

this is the order its given me as you can see there's a lot of duplicates and messed up orders again in both "all Channels" and Sports" Bouquets also it placing sky Atlantic HD in when it need to be SD

abu baniaz
27-07-15, 03:18
I did not use swap. You are placing things in one place then swapping them over. Please try without it.

There is no sky atlantic on cable. Remember, you are using a HD lineup, so that chanenl is in the right place. You will need to edit/add that line to insert the SD one.

With regards to the duplicates, does the sentence quoted below not make sense? They are meant to be there. I suspect You have previoulsy been looking at the "region custom" output of ABM. This omitted the unavilable HD ones, so you only had the SD ones.

You will still have channels further down the bouquet. If you want to omit them, have a look at the the xml. There is a section for deleting channels.

Please confirm that youhave removed the custom lcn file. I had issues and almost filed a bug report. Run it five times, cahnging other things before the penny dropped.

Also, while you are in test mode, please enable the service type icon.

jasper1974
27-07-15, 04:30
yes had taken off the lcn xml

have now done rescan with the channel swap off

Also edited your xml to remove the unwanted channels thanks to seeing how you had done it and now im one very happy man

THANK YOU

Below is xml that mixes it as i wanted it incase anyone would like to try it and so you could see the exact layout i wanted

Huevos
27-07-15, 08:01
Re: 408/409.

Don't forget there is a delete option if you want to leave a space empty.

abu baniaz
27-07-15, 12:19
Dont forget ITV 2/3/4 HD clear on satellite now. The file we used as a starting point was compiled before they were vieawable again.

jasper1974
27-07-15, 13:16
Re: 408/409.

Don't forget there is a delete option if you want to leave a space empty.

Thats what i ended up doing for a lot of other channels thanks

Dont forget ITV 2/3/4 HD clear on satellite now. The file we used as a starting point was compiled before they were vieawable again.

I didnt touch them in the xml but it scanned them in at the correct points anyway but missed bbc hd channels itv and channel 4 so had to add them to xml myself