PDA

View Full Version : [CrossEPG-Other] Et8000 help

s7uat
23-07-15, 11:31
Hi guys,

I have installed the latest version of Hades to a brand new Xtrend ET8000.
I have configured the cross epg like in the guide. (I also have 2 other Solo2 boxes running the same setup)
However, when download it, it takes about 20minutes to complete. My Solo2's take about 2 minutes.

Is there something wrong or is the ET8000 just extremely slow?

Many thanks,
S7uat

judge
23-07-15, 11:46
Where are you downloading EPG to? What sources are you using?

Maybe try deleting any existing EPG & download again.

rossi2000
23-07-15, 11:59
This is a driver issue, its being looked at.
It does take longer but not quite 20mins, that could be an exaggeration

Sicilian
23-07-15, 13:24
it takes about 20minutes to complete.

Thats a bit of an exaggeration, its the way the drivers read the data from the stream, a number of models are like this. I'd say more like 3-5 mins doing a manual fresh download via crossepg, but then once setup its automatically down in the background.

s7uat
23-07-15, 14:09
Hi guys,

The 1st time the epg took about 20mins. Then it wouldn't do it at all, it was just stuck so I had to keep cancelling it. I was using a really old hdd from an old duo, maybe that had something to do with it. I have since re-formatted it. Now it's about 3 or 4 minutes. That's fine for me. I only do it twice a week.

Thanks for your help.

Andy_Hazza
23-07-15, 15:11
Same with my ET 10K and Mut@nt HD2400 boxes, I wouldn't say 20 mins though, probably 4 or 5 mins max, but like you say the Vu+ Solo2 is lightning fast in comparison. It is normal though, you are not on your own. Just setup your scheduled CrossEPG for daily scan at 4:15am or summat, thats all I do, I never manually update while I have my receivers on!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

twol
23-07-15, 16:19
Same with my ET 10K and Mut@nt HD2400 boxes, I wouldn't say 20 mins though, probably 4 or 5 mins max, but like you say the Vu+ Solo2 is lightning fast in comparison. It is normal though, you are not on your own. Just setup your scheduled CrossEPG for daily scan at 4:15am or summat, thats all I do, I never manually update while I have my receivers on!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Have to say (probably because of the issues highlighted here), I have for the last 2 years used XMLTV importer which is lightning fast and seems to do the job for me for both German and UK TV channels.
In fact I would love someone to tell me what are the benefits of Crossepg (?) as I haven't seen any .... and Yes, this is a genuine Question!