PDA

View Full Version : Remove unwanted 'extras'

walter_red
16-12-10, 22:33
Hello, I swapped from dreambox and find these so much better to use. But have a few questions.

Do plugins load into available memory and if so is there a way to remove unused ones? I'm getting random glitching especially if I access epg while recording so was trying to find ways to help.

example- cd info (i'll never use) wlan (i'll never use) dvd player (i'll never use and what dvd player???)

If I try to remove these in the plugins menu it starts then says they are needed by something else - why offer to remove them and then say I can't. Would swap file be useful, if so any pointers on a compatible stick. I have an internal drive fitted but not sure if i can use this for recording, epg and swap files.

Thanks very much for any replies.

andyblac
17-12-10, 11:09
Hello, I swapped from dreambox and find these so much better to use. But have a few questions.

Do plugins load into available memory and if so is there a way to remove unused ones? I'm getting random glitching especially if I access epg while recording so was trying to find ways to help.

example- cd info (i'll never use) wlan (i'll never use) dvd player (i'll never use and what dvd player???)

If I try to remove these in the plugins menu it starts then says they are needed by something else - why offer to remove them and then say I can't. Would swap file be useful, if so any pointers on a compatible stick. I have an internal drive fitted but not sure if i can use this for recording, epg and swap files.

Thanks very much for any replies.

plugins only get loaded on the first launch of that plugin, USB swap ok, but HDD swap is far safer option. as for random glitching. are you using ViX 1.3 ? it is new drivers that should have stopped the random glitching

walter_red
17-12-10, 13:34
plugins only get loaded on the first launch of that plugin, USB swap ok, but HDD swap is far safer option. as for random glitching. are you using ViX 1.3 ? it is new drivers that should have stopped the random glitching

Thanks for the reply - is it ok to use HDD then for swap as well as record without interfering with each other and what size do I need to set?

Yes it is 1.3.....one other thing i just remembered is that I set almost every sly uk download option in the epg menu's! Hoping to catch all the data that some missed. Someone suggested I reset everything to just opentv & crossepg and disable everything else so I have. Maybe I caused the problem myself?

andyblac
17-12-10, 18:27
if you only have a fixed dish 28.2 (sly) then you should ONLY use crossepg on 28.2 or RyVIX SkyUK. nothing else is needed, and will only slow you down

and yes HDD is ok for all swap, picons, recording etc