PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo2] Transcoding stopped working since Hades update

zYx
17-07-15, 14:53
Hi all,

Since I switched from Apollo to Hades, transcoding has stopped working.
I did a clean install. Not sure what else to say.. it should just work.

Settings should be correct :p

Do you know what could be wrong?
Any ideas would be much appreciated.

Trial
17-07-15, 18:37
Hi,
what happens when you try to play transcoded stream? Which program do you use for showing transcoded stream?

I just tested with Hades #18 and transcoding to 480p and 576p of a HD channel and it works as expected.

ciao

zYx
17-07-15, 18:58
It wont matter which program I'm using, whether it's an iOS or windows VLC. VLC says "can's open/access file"

Can you show me your screenshot from your settings?

Trial
17-07-15, 21:00
Hi,
here my transcoding settings for encoder 0 which normally is used for transcoded streaming.

I tested with Windows 8.1pro and WMP and Ubuntu 14.04 and VLC and both worked without problems.

ciao

LeeC22
18-07-15, 13:36
Sorry, just noticed we're using different builds of Hades, I'm still on 015. :o

zYx
15-08-15, 08:50
Hi,
here my transcoding settings for encoder 0 which normally is used for transcoded streaming.

I tested with Windows 8.1pro and WMP and Ubuntu 14.04 and VLC and both worked without problems.

ciao

Hi,

thanks for this and sorry for a delay in replying as I was away.

Since there was no updates recently I'm still on the same build, but the problem started when I switched from apollo to hades. All settings are correct etc and all player apps worked very well previously, I used to use it on my iPhone, now luckily, my 3G/4G connection is fast enough to watch TV without transcoding and in fact it actually works quicker as you don't have to wait for transcoding, but a good 3G/4G is needed.

Really strange as it should just work.