PDA

View Full Version : [CrossEPG-Other] Weird EPG issue

zino
16-07-15, 18:13
I have seen this quite often on CrossEPG, on Vu+ Solo2 all the way from Vix 3.0 to Vix Hades. When I scroll to a description of a programme, the title just becomes gibberish. It happens at least a few times a week on different programmes.

I just thought eventually it would go away with an update but now I think there must be some setting I need to change.

Any ideas on how to fix this please?

mann
16-07-15, 19:49
I have seen this quite often on CrossEPG, on Vu+ Solo2 all the way from Vix 3.0 to Vix Hades. When I scroll to a description of a programme, the title just becomes gibberish. It happens at least a few times a week on different programmes.

I just thought eventually it would go away with an update but now I think there must be some setting I need to change.

Any ideas on how to fix this please?

I would say it has nothing to do with crossepg it's more a skin issue..
Try installing a different skin like a you Vix one and see if the issue is still there.

judge
16-07-15, 20:10
I would say it has nothing to do with crossepg it's more a skin issue..
Try installing a different skin like a you Vix one and see if the issue is still there.
Nope, it's not a skin issue.
Usually happens if there's been a change in EPG.

zino
16-07-15, 21:40
Nope, it's not a skin issue.
Usually happens if there's been a change in EPG.

So is there something I can change to stop this from happening?

judge
16-07-15, 21:53
So is there something I can change to stop this from happening?

You could try disabling EIT EPG. Menu -> Setup -> System -> EPG Settings.

zino
16-07-15, 22:41
You could try disabling EIT EPG. Menu -> Setup -> System -> EPG Settings.

So that setting handles current now and next info?

judge
17-07-15, 00:41
So that setting handles current now and next info?
It handles whats being broadcast by the channel.

zino
17-07-15, 00:57
It handles whats being broadcast by the channel.

So when this clashes with OpenTV info downloaded on main EPG it causes this weird bug. This is sometimes the download is wrong and the broadcast info is right so in those cases I would rather leave it enabled.

Have changed the setting to disabled hope this fixes the little bug. may or may not change it back depending on how it fares.

Appreciate the time judge

judge
17-07-15, 01:59
So when this clashes with OpenTV info downloaded on main EPG it causes this weird bug. This is sometimes the download is wrong and the broadcast info is right so in those cases I would rather leave it enabled.
Yes, OpenTV EPG is downloaded from the provider.
EIT EPG is provided live by the channel, independent of the provider.
Your EIT EPG will be live where as your OpenTV EPG will be using the data provided at the time of its last download.
If there is a clash between the two, this E2 issue occurs.
For channel change times, show over-runs, sports events and so on, it's better to have EIT EPG enabled, so timers & recordings can compensate for them.

Have changed the setting to disabled hope this fixes the little bug. may or may not change it back depending on how it fares.
You might need a fresh EPG download before you notice, but let us know your exact EPG setup & requirements if you still notice it as much.
Having EIT enabled & fresh CrossEPG daily download suits my needs the best but mighn't suit your needs.

zino
21-07-15, 04:49
Yes, OpenTV EPG is downloaded from the provider.
EIT EPG is provided live by the channel, independent of the provider.
Your EIT EPG will be live where as your OpenTV EPG will be using the data provided at the time of its last download.
If there is a clash between the two, this E2 issue occurs.
For channel change times, show over-runs, sports events and so on, it's better to have EIT EPG enabled, so timers & recordings can compensate for them.

You might need a fresh EPG download before you notice, but let us know your exact EPG setup & requirements if you still notice it as much.
Having EIT enabled & fresh CrossEPG daily download suits my needs the best but mighn't suit your needs.

I tried disabling EIT in EPG settings and used it like this for a few days.

Still getting the weird gibberish problem I showed a couple posts back.

Any other ideas about what the problem could be?