PDA

View Full Version : Zero and Solo 2

simono5
16-07-15, 16:16
I’ve been enjoying my Solo 2 for a few months now and I’m thinking of getting a Zero for the kids play room. They’ve currently got a cheap and nasty sat box and I’m thinking the Zero will give them a better viewing experience and be much easier to use. It’ll also help them get familiar with the Vu+ range and start using the Solo 2 more.

I’d plan to install the Plex client and also share the Solo 2’s own hard drive with the Zero so they can watch any recordings. I’d probably add an old USB hard drive to the Zero so they did have recording capabilities if they wished to use them.

I’ve only got a single sat feed in the kids room so the Zero would be perfect for them.

Am I missing any opportunities with going with the Zero. I’m being brand loyal having been blown away by the Solo 2 and wanted to see whether there was any views on any other Sat receiver worth considering or could I consider an Android box to share the Solo 2’s receiver. I believe this is possible but not sure it would be practical as we’re often using both Solo’s tuners. Finally, any other tweaks I could consider other than sharing the Solo’s HDD with the Zero.

john doe
16-07-15, 16:34
I have the same 2 boxes and can say from personal experience they work brilliantly for what you want. I attached a 500gb HDD into a docking station, so easy for recordings, time shift epg, picons & plugins etc . works a dream. perfect for what you need.