PDA

View Full Version : Help - Mgcamd 1.35a issue on Nano SE

Nick1969
15-07-15, 09:31
Hi, Can anyone help!
Got Nano SE, running Apollo Build 137.

The Mgcamd as been running perfect until the last week.
Now, everytime I use a Mgcamd channel, I have to restart the Mgcamd process (blue button etc).

I also have a TM-Twin-OE running the same mg_cfg with no issues.

Nano-SE on wireless (only 5metres from router), Twin on Power ethernet.

Could there be any settings that could influence?
Am I better off updating to latest firmware?

Any help much appreciated.

john doe
15-07-15, 10:35
if your mg_cfg file is not configured correctly, then this can case numerous issues. on this forum there is a file that you can use and amend. other people have had same issues in recent weeks

Nick1969
15-07-15, 11:11
Hi John,
Thanks for reply.
I initially took the mg_cfg file from the forum.It has worked fine since Feb15. Now I have these issues.
The same file is still working perfectly on my TM Twin OE.

It's as if the Mgcamd stops or ignores the incoming data from the server??
Cheers.

Nick1969
15-07-15, 11:13
Hi,

mg_cfg below if anyone can point any errors out??

Removed!

judge
15-07-15, 11:24
Hi John,
Thanks for reply.
I initially took the mg_cfg file from the forum.It has worked fine since Feb15. Now I have these issues.
The same file is still working perfectly on my TM Twin OE.

It's as if the Mgcamd stops or ignores the incoming data from the server??
Cheers.

Can you link to that thread with your config file so it can be removed or replaced please?

L: { 02 } 172.16.1.1 28007 /tmp/mgcamd.log
Is probably your issue. You're trying to send log files to a box that dosn't xist on your network.

Nick1969
15-07-15, 11:32
Thanks Judge.

One question. Would it be easier to set L to 00. i.e not log? or is it best to set to something different?

Nick1969
16-07-15, 21:42
Hi,
Did a bit more experimenting.

Found that changing mg_cfg made no difference.

However, when i restart Nano and go straight to a particular "cricket" channel, it works fine.
I then go to bbc channel and then back to the original channel and it stops working after 5 seconds.

If i press LIST button on my Nano remote (this brings up the Planer menu i.e /media/hdd/movies) and then exit button (return), the frozen channel starts working perfectly, only on that channel!
I then go to another channel and it stops after 5 seconds, I do the same as above and all starts working again!!

Do I possibly have a corrupted software?am i better off loading the most up to date?

Any ideas appreciated.