PDA

View Full Version : duo2 different images comparision

mobileman
14-07-15, 16:13
well took the plunge and just ordered by duo2 from Wos sure it will be a big learning curve from f5 and zgemma

is there anywhere that explains the main differences between all the different teams images eg factory, hades, openvix etc etc

also whats general consense on best image at the moment openvix ?

Sicilian
14-07-15, 16:14
Simple thing to do is flash images, try and you'll end up coming back to OpenViX :D

bellejt
14-07-15, 17:04
:amen: yeh

jasper1974
14-07-15, 17:07
Simple thing to do is flash images, try and you'll end up coming back to OpenViX :D

Well i used to use blackhole years ago on my old dm800hd when they first came out and used to really like it.
Then when i came back into the game last year with my TM nano2 super i tried the factory default image and then installed vix.
After buying my new Duo2 i decided yesterday i would try installing some other images so i tried installing blackhole, open blackhole, and openatv 5

Guess what ????

Yep im back on VIX no other image comes close to it just wish vix would sort out the browser problems on the VU+'s

Walt
14-07-15, 18:35
OpenVix is easy to use in relation to the other images. Features that you'd think are standard are required to be installed on other images. Hades is the latest version of OpenVix. Grab the latest version from the images tab at the top, put it on a usb stick and follow the flashing guide.

electrocop
14-07-15, 19:05
I would go for OpenPLi - I use it with all my Vu+ receivers and I have had no problems at all with it.......

The choice of image is a very personal thing - try a few and go with whichever one you like the look of and has the features you want

mobileman
15-07-15, 11:29
well box should be here in next hour according to interlink alerts so taking rest of the day of to tinker ;)

thanks for advice on images will flash a few on and see which prefer:thumbsup:

mobileman
15-07-15, 14:07
well big thanks to WOS, great service well packaged, all up and running now just tweaking a few settings then try add picons and learn about the lcd screen stuff

currently using latest hades by openvix :D

casuk
15-07-15, 14:25
Use default LCD screens from feeds just the picon 1 (think it's 3rd one down the list) no other info it looks good on the duo2

bellejt
15-07-15, 15:02
or take a look in the LCD4 section for differant screens